Tuesday, June 1, 2010

365 Cards - Day 91 Super Sketchy Sunday & The Shabby Tea Room - Week #12 'Dear to my Heart'



Hi Everyone!

Something a little different...used some chipboard pieces from my friend Rina. Wet embossed each piece (in pewter, gold, and clear over ink)...Wet embossed the lace background stamp in clear I just got today. Inked it up with distress inks. Added glass pearls and two trims. Added some Prima lace in the corners and some more glass pearls.

Played along with:

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #12 'Dear to my Heart' - Use a heart as the main focal point.

Hope you like it! Have a great Wednesday!

*hugs* and Much aloha~!

14 comments:

Nicole said...

Pretty card! Great layout and use of a heart! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Debbie said...

Very pretty ... I {heart} all those lovely embellies!! The bird cage is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your design with us all in the Tea Room this week :)

Jo said...

ah cool, the birdcage!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty! love that birdcage! Nice soft tone too!

Audrey Pettit said...

How adorable, Steph! I love the embossing on those pretty chipboard pieces, and your corner treatment is fabulous, too. Thanks for playing along with us again in the Tea Room.

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my word... this is gorgeous, Steph! Love the colors and the birdcage... awesome card!!

Ira said...

Oh, aren't the new Tim Holtz items just the thing? I couldn't resist buying the birdcage, too, but am still saving for the rest, he he he! You made a wonderful card Steph with the pieces, love how you added small pieces of lace in the corner to give it this extra touch. Hugs, ~Ira

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

very nice! I like the new TH dies! Nice use of the pearls for accenting!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! The shimmery wings look divine!

Samantha said...

I adore the way that you used the chip board, looks fabulous on this card!! xoxox

~amy~ said...

This is sooo very awesome...I have that TH birdcage die...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Rose said...

what a "lovely" card for the sketch!! love the bird cage :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks Steph! For stopping by my blog! 25 more hours to go...... and then I will be back to blog land!

Pam said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!