Wednesday, July 28, 2010

~* The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC40 - Colour Splash with Green *~


Hi Everyone!
Have you ever had a challenge scream at you to play?? I don't know why, but I really wanted to play at The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC40. The challenge was to use Colour Splash - black, white, and a hint of color. This week's color is green :).
I wet embossed the stamped image...inked the edges a tad with Shabby Shutters...used some MME flocked damask DP...my bestie, Rina, had just sent me the beautiful big roses yesterday...and I added some satin, lace, and beaded pearl trims...along with a stick pin...
Hope you like it! Have a great Thursday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

17 comments:

Ira said...

Such wonderful ladies these are Steph! Always have been fond of damask patterns, great card!! Hugs, Ira

Suzanne C said...

Wow! This is so elegant and beautiful! Lovely background and use of the colors. Thanks for playing in the PDCC!

Andrea Ewen said...

Very pretty, love that group of flowers at the bottom...adds such elegance to an already classy card!

peggy gatto said...

this turned out beautifully!!!

Julie Ranae said...

Congratulations on your 'new badge' from The PDCC : ) This is one spectacular entry, I must say...perfect amount of 'splash' to be sure!

Kristina H said...

Really pretty Steph. It reminds me of an antique book cover.

Thanks for sharing!
~K

Amy said...

Another stunner, Steph! Love the embossed image with background and pops of green! Beautiful!

Stamping Cafe said...

Totally gorgeous and elegant, Steph!! I absolutely love it!!

Jo said...

love your splash of green. pretty card.

Tracy said...

Cool stamp Steph! Great card for this weeks challenge. Can she wow them two weeks in a row? I don't see why not. :)

Neet said...

A beautiful card - those roses are gorgeous and with the ribbon and pearls are just the perfect touch.

Tammy said...

Another stunner! This is just beautiful!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this! The images are FAB! I REALLY liked this challenge and it screamed at me, too!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful mix of images. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

This is a fantastic card--love those vintage images!! And your splash of green is perfect:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful, Steph! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Ruby said...

I know what you mean about challenges screaming at you to play! That made me giggle! Such a gorgeous card, so elegant, and beautiful use of our colours! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC this week!