Sunday, August 8, 2010

~* All That Scraps - Weekly Wednesday Challenge *~


Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! This week there is a Color Challenge at ATS and they happen to be some of my FAV colors - Chocolate, Aqua, and Kraft. {btw, I'm so happy SU! is bringing back Baja Breeze, it's my fav!!}

So, I've been meaning to create a card with all the cute stamps I bought from ATS, but just haven't gotten around to it...plus, I must admit, I'm not the best at coloring ;p'. I admire all you gals who color so wonderfully with your Copics :)!
This little cutie was colored with Copics and Tombow markers. I really need to expand my Copic marker collection, but I'm not sure what to buy yet, hehe. Too many to choose from...anyhoo...I also added Stickles to her hat, clothes, and boots. I cut out the DP and kraft cardstock with my nestie. Inked up the edges of those and the other DP and card base. I added some SU! trim and some fluffy fiber from Jo that I stained with Glimmer Mists to make it more aqua. Added the anchor button and Liquid Pearls all around the edge of the card.

Supplies:
~Paper: Autumn Leaves - Manhattan, Urban Junque, SU! kraft cardstock, white cardstock
~Pens: Copics, Tombow
~Inks: VersaMark, black embossing powder, SU! Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze
~Misc.: Liquid Pearls, Stickles, SU! ribbon, blue fiber (I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist to make it more aqua), anchor button, Nestabilities (Dahlia)

I hope to share with you a mini I made this weekend using the Urban Junque Collection by Rhonna Farrer a little later...need to take photos of it ;p'.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

16 comments:

Tracy said...

What a cute little sailor girl! Gosh you had to have some patience Steph to go around the whole card with the Liquid Pearls. :) These ARE great colors and you did a nice job on your card. Hugs!

Linda said...

Awesome card Chick! Love this color combo too! xoxo, Linda

Friday said...

Great coloring, Steph. I just starting myself in the copic world. It is confusing what to get. TFS !! Friday

Terry said...

She is just so cute! You did a fabulous coloring job. Love it!

Lean said...

sweet card lovely colours and i think your coloring is just fine.
byebye,Lean.

Ira said...

Oh, she's sooo cute! Love the little anchor and don't you worry about your coloring, you did a fab job! Oh, you've got Copics! I'd like to have them but since I already have the Derwent pencils I can't afford them anymore :-)
Hugs, ~Ira

Jolanda said...

Very sweet card,love the colors!!heve a nice day,Jolanda

Cindy Lee said...

Steph, you did awesome on the coloring!! Seriously!

~amy~ said...

sooooo incredibly a-dorable!!!

Kristina H said...

Steph, she is totally adorable. I think you did a great job coloring her!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Super adorable card Steph! You did a fabulous job coloring that darling image!

LG said...

that card is too adorable. Love it!

Rose said...

What an adorable card, Steph! soo cute!

Linda Robinson said...

She is just as cute as can be. I think your coloring is wonderful. I hope you having a happy monday. Hugs, Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

Hi there, Steph! SO happy to get a chance to pay you a visit after my vacation has kept me away for so long. Thought I would get near my computer more than I ended up doing. ;)
this card is absolutely adorable and really makes me smile. I think you've done a wonderful job on the coloring! Can I tell you a secret?? I'm afraid of Copics. (snicker)
It's true. I don't own a one. I'm terrible with them. You seem a total pro to me.
I love that color combo. I am a huge fan of brown and kraft. Brown is actually my favorite color. Reminds me of chocolate. ;)

Amy said...

This is so cute! Great design and I love how you used the color combo! Your coloring is wonderful Steph and the anchor charm is such a clever touch!
Thanks for playing along with the ATS challenge this week!