Wednesday, August 25, 2010

~* Shabby Chic Birdie Card *~


Hi Everyone!

Here's a card I made for the Waltzing Mouse Challenge #11 - use the sketch above.
I used an XL Bigz Sizzix die to cut the scalloped shape to cut the music note designer paper (I think this is one of mine and Tracy's faves :)!) and I inked the edges. I used the same die to cut a circle, but had to hand trim it down. I stamped it with script stamp and distressed and inked the edges. Then, used another punch to punch out the pretty birdie image from the designer paper and inked up the edges. Added some Prima lace on the sides of the circle along with some Prima baby roses that I inked up. Used my fave Webster's Pages coral pink bloomer...and added Prima pearl bling, which comes with the pretty fimo rose.

Hope you like it!
Have a wonderful Thursday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

15 comments:

Lean said...

oo this is a sweet card you made Steph love the colors you used always in for some pink..
byebye,howdoe,Lean.

Ira said...

This is a bird I would welcome in my garden any time Steph :-) It's beautiful!! Hugs, Ira

Linda Robinson said...

This is so pretty. I love that flower..

Julia Aston said...

Love the shabby look you created on this pretty card! wonderful flowers! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Tracy said...

I DO love that music paper and I think I just used my last scrap on my CCCB card. LOL This is too funny--I just bought that same Prima bling in that same color. Love the different shapes you used and those bloomers--AHHH. Who can not love those. Beautiful Steph!

Kelly S. said...

Love the tone on tone stamping with that bird, and the coral rose is BEAUTIFUL!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely, sweet addition of that bloomers, and love this shape, I think that will be my next investment!
Thanks for sharing Steph!

Kristina H said...

This is really pretty Steph, love the flowers!

BeeBeebabs said...

Lovely card tfs!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous shabby card Steph! So girly! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Terry said...

That is one elegant flower! Beautiful piece!

Amy said...

Gorgeous card, Steph! Love the scalloped shape and all your beautiful layers! The pretty bird is happily surrounded by all the roses, perfect!

Alice Wertz said...

this is so cute! love the sweet soft colors! pretty card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Claire Brennan said...

oh shabby chic prettiness!! love how you used your colours! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

LG said...

fun card! I love this!