Tuesday, August 31, 2010

~* Simons Says Stamp and Show Challenge: Show Your Layers ~ Graphic 45 Le Romantique Altered Tray *~


Hi Everyone!

Hope you're having a great week so far! Here's an altered tray I made using the Graphic 45 Le Romantique collection...sorry if I sound like a broken record, hehe. I really love this paper collection if you can't already tell, hee hee :).

I also love going to stores and looking at things and thinking to myself, "how can I alter it?" I've been doing that for many years. It's super fun! This pix shows what the tray looked like when I bought it...a cutesy purple and kraft tray for wooden beads (on the left). I was thinking to myself, doesn't it remind you of a mini 7Gypsies tray? I don't know what one actually looks like, but they are a bit pricely...a little out of my price range.

I painted it with glossy black paint (every nook and corner)...added the designer paper...added Crackle Accents on some of the images, then my fave Multi-Medium in Matte all over...some flowers (I glimmer misted the big rose with Peach Delight to match the shades on the DP, inked up the baby roses too), some pearls, some lace, some pins and buttons, some Tim Holtz and Melissa Frances goodies...Not sure if you can see this in the photos, I made some supports for some of the images so they are flush with the top of the tray versus in the nooks...don't you love all the layers...speaking of layers...I'm entering this puppy in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge ~ Show Your Layers.

Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

20 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love your layering, lots of vintage goodies to see, wish I could touch it! LOL! The shadow box looks like a fun thing to play, next on my list??
Thanks for sharing, night, or maybe good morning?

Ira said...

Oh my, what a great looking tray this is Steph! Altering things IS big fun! Somehow they always turn out better than the original, LOL! It's lovely!! Hugs, Ira

~amy~ said...

WOW...what a fabbie altered project!!!!!!

Lean said...

wauw i do love this tray and the papers are just right for the tray great job you did Steph..
howdoe,Lean.

Jo said...

this is WOW! do you even have anymore of this paper left? LOL

Terry said...

Super gorgeous tray! Love all the details and little embellishments in this fabulous piece!

KAT said...

I thought this was the tray from 7G.... Love that it's not and it's something that you re-purposed!!! Love the color palette and all the details that you added - this is fabulous!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the "love" letters! hehe and the flowers and pearls look really nice too!


Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Helen said...

Gorgeous. Need that paper...

Stamping Cafe said...

Love your 7G tray, Steph!! A total wowzers and super duper fabulous, love love love all the details!!

Kristina H said...

Just beautiful Steph!!

Nancy said...

I'm so glad you "entered this puppy" in the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge! It's beautiful - and I love how you repurposed! Very cool!
Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members for this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! We really appreciate you joining in with us!

Tracy said...

WOW Steph! You put so much work into this and it's GORGEOUS! You keep using those G45 papers girlie! :) Fantastic!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

You are so creative Steph! I thought it was a 7 Gypsies tray too! Love all the little Vintage goodies all in one project!

Minxy said...

Fab transformation, love all the different elements, and a great bit of recycling, those 7Gypsies tray are a tad pricey so you did good

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, Steph! this is fabulous! I totally thought this was a 7Gypsies tray at first. You are so clever! Gorgeous detailing. I love that paper line, too.

Linda Robinson said...

Those are some pretty awesome layers... This is fabulous.. I know exactly the 7Gypsies tray your talking about and your right it looks just like it... I am in awe my friend..

~Linda

Cindy Lee said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! I love it! It's seriously gorgeous, Steph!

Betty Wright said...

WOW GORGEOUS, Steph! Amazing and a beautiful home decor creation! Lovely work!

Amy said...

It's no wonder you love the Graphic 45 papers, you're magical with them and turn out unbelievably beautiful projects! This is just amazingly gorgeous Steph!