Friday, August 20, 2010

~* Studio L3 - Compendium of Curiosities, Week 10 - Challenge 10: Distress Stickles *~


Hi Everyone!

You know how much I love to distress things, hee hee...I wanted to play along at Studio L3. I guess I'm into birdies too, hehe. I distressed the paper with Distress Ink, stamped the background music notes, and added some Distress Inks to the flowers and branches in the bottom part of the designer paper. I also used some Prima Pearl Panache Gold Dust flowers on the bottom portion of the piece. I glimmer misted one of the smaller ones with Peach Delight because I ran out of the smaller peach colored ones ;p'. I added a chipboard branch from Maya Road that I inked up with Walnut Stain and then used the Walnut Stain Distress Stickles. I added some small Prima roses that I inked up. I added Broken China Distress Stickles to the Tim Holtz chipboard birdie and inked him a little more with Distress Inks. I cut him off of the branch he was standing on so he could stand on my new branch. I also added Walnut Stain Distress Stickles for his legs and claws. Added a black bling for his eye and stamped "Listen to your Heart" in the upper right corner. I hope you like it. I had a ton of fun making this project :)!

Distress Stickles: Walnut Stain, Broken China

I had a lot of fun playing with my Distress Stickles...I can't believe I only have two...or maybe I lost some, hehe. I want to buy some more :).

Have a great weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

11 comments:

Ira said...

Oh, just look at that little bird twittering away on his branch :-) Just so lovely! Hugs, and have a lovely weekend! ~Ira

Terry said...

Wow, your challenge piece is very pretty! Love the bird and the branch is an awesome element! Love it!

Jo said...

so cute, i love how you just use the TH bird. have a great weekend Steph!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Steph, this is beyond lovely! Such a beautiful design-- the sheet music background with the floral stamp is soft and sweet, and 3D flowers look wonderful, like they grew right out of that tree branch. I LOVE the sparkly, Distress Stickled bluebird! You did a great job with this challenge-- this is such a cool work of art!

Amy said...

No one can distress like you can, Steph! Beauitful card, I love the li'l birdie on the branch and the blooms you've added, fabulous!

Lean said...

This looks so lovely like the blingbling you see on the bird&branch.And the colors you used are so sweet.
nice sunday byebye,Lean...howdoe!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful Steph!
Hey, there's an award for you beautiful blogger! Come see it at my blog.

Maureen Reiss said...

Very pretty card!! Love all the details

Tracy said...

Love your little birdie and your background is great. Great job with the Distress Stickles. Hugs!

~amy~ said...

Such a fabbie project!!! Love the tweet bird!!

Shelann said...

This has a vintage feel too, well done.