Thursday, September 23, 2010

~* Happy Aloha Friday! - Post #2 *~


Hi Everyone!
Hope all is well! Things have been quite stressful in my neck of the woods. So many to-dos, including crafty projects I need to make for peeps...
Do you ever have projects you are debating whether to show or even give someone? Well, this is one. I guess I really wanted to make something different and special for my boss who is retiring. He has twin toddler grandkids...I saw this frame which was ALL black with off-white words. I wanted to make it more cheerful, hehe.
So, I painted it will metallic pearl white paint...inked it up...and added matte multi-medium. I added those butterflies I cut from a butterfly trim and glimmer misted with various colors. Then added some pearl accents around the inner edge of the frame. Oops, I also had to paint the letters black...it's not the neatest ;p'.
I guess I put too much pressure on myself. I hope he likes it.
Have a wonderful Aloha Friday & weekend :)!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

14 comments:

Lean said...

He will be verry happy with this frame .It looks so lovely and take the time to make somthing for him so he will be pleased..
byebye,lean,

Stella said...

Of course he likes this! You spend time, effort and care to create this frame. I think it's gorgeous!

Have a wonderful weekend too!
Hugs,
Stella

~amy~ said...

He'll love it...great keepsake!

Tracy said...

You TOTALLY revamped that plain frame! I love all the texture on it. you can really see all the cracks and it almost looks like leather. Wonderful job Steph!

Rose said...

Hey Steph! This project is awesome - I'm sure your boss will totally love it!! I can totally commiserate though - I've had many a project where I debated on whether or not I should give it...there's also times where I'll be stumped for a while on what to make. All in all though, I think people do appreciate the handmade touch :)

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!
xo,
Rose

Terry said...

How could he not love it? This is a spectacular frame and so personalized! It is beautiful! Have a wonderful weekend!

stampdiva said...

A very special gift indeed and glad you shared. Have a lovely weekend. Lynne M x (thank you so much for stopping by my Blog this week. I so enjoyed making the vintage Parisian postcards but what makes it worthwhile is a comment such as the one you left. Thanks :) Lynne

Ira said...

Oh, your boss will love this frame Steph, especially since YOU made this! Hugs, Ira

Chimene said...

Thanks for your sweet words on my blog!

What a gorgeous gift.
Have a nice weekend!

xxx
Chimene

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Steph, this altered frame is so pretty! What a great gift! Your title reminds me of the song "It's aloha Friday, no work til' Monday!" :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I am sure your boss would LOVE it, what a great gift!

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome picture frame, Steph! What a fabulous gift, your boss will love it!!

LG said...

this would be a great gift!

Amy said...

Another amazing project! Love your paint job and the butterflies, it's a perfect gift!