Thursday, September 16, 2010

~* Happy Fall! (Papercraft Star Challenge #13 - Sketch) *~


Happy Friday!

Here's a card I made for Papercraft Star Challenge #13 - Sketch. The sketch looks more like a scrapbook layout...so it sort of stumped me a bit. I haven't made too many layouts...so I decided to go the card route for this one. This is in keeping with the upcoming season. Love those warm colors!

Supplies:
~Paper: Basic Grey DP, MME tags
~Stamps/Inks: Hero Arts (alphas and the swirly), black ink, Distress Inks
~Misc.: 7G seam binding, metal leaf, K&Co dimensional stickers, twine, tiny attacher, Webster's Pages trim
Instructions:
1. Cut the BG DP to 5-1/2" by 4-1/4". Distress the edge with ink.

2. Cut a piece of the MME tag. Distress the edges of the tag piece and the other tag with an edge distresser and inks. Adhere the tags to the BG DP. Adhere the acorn and pumpkin dimensional stickers (ink the edges).
3. Stamp alphas to spell, " happy fall." Stamp three swirlies in the upper right corner.
4. Use tiny attacher to staple down the twine. Add a seam binding bow, a piece of WP trim, and a metal leaf.

Come play along with us at Papercraft Star this week! We'd love to see your creations! You have until Noon tomorrow (Saturday)...then the voting begins and lasts until Monday. Come and vote for your fave!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! *hugs* and Much aloha~!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Fabulous fall card Steph! Wonderful job taking a page layout and making it a card, the background is gorgeous and I love the pumpking and acorn accents! Awesome take on the challenge!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Great interpretation of the sketch Steph, I love the fabulous fall colors and the embellishments....too darling! Another great inspiration piece for Papercraft Craft Star!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, I love this card, Steph! How clever to use that sketch as your card design. It works perfectly! Love the fall colors and the pumpkin and acorn. I so love the fall. I also really like the ribbon, bow and leaf accents across the bottom. Perfect for the bottom banner element of the sketch.

Emora Designs said...

Hi Steph! I LOVE this card! Great interpretation of the sketch, and I love the colors! Have a great weekend!

Regan

Lori said...

Your pumpkin and acorn are so cute! Great job with the sketch!

jazsutra said...

O Yes!!!! how clever, a layout sketch becomes a gorgeous card!!! love it ;)
Have a great weekend my friend ;)
love,jaz

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely fall card, that pumpkin and acorn are adorable!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful fall card Steph! Love the color scheme & pretty embellishments!

Kristina H said...

great fall card Steph. I just love fall colors. The pumpkin and acorn are just adorable!

Tracy said...

I'm so way behind on commenting on your posts Steph. I've been saving them up until I had time to comment. Your card is adorable. Love the colors you chose. Awesome job!