Monday, September 27, 2010

~* Life is But a Dream (Simon Says Stamp and Show Your Distressed/Sanded Projects) *~




Hi Everyone!

Wow, I must have been missing vintage/distressing/etc. a lot! I made this project tonite in less than two hours. I guess I was VERY excited to craft :)! Sometimes I think I like distressing because it's like painting, which I used to do in my elementary and high school days. I loved painting and creating abstract projects...it's pretty freeing (is that a word?).

I love this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show! I am all into re-purposing things...the base of this project is a thick sort of like what we now called chipboard. It may have been from the backing of a notepad or something. I added Tim Holtz Lost and Found papers and the letters I cut from one of the papers. Life is but a dream, don't you think?

I distressed the paper edges with the distressing tool and distressed everything with distress inks, alcohol inks, and starburst stains. Used some of my favorite Melissa Frances embellies (the wings), which I distressed. Added some lace, a trinket pin, a muse token, some Prima pearls, a bunch of flowers that I edged with stains, a clip...I clipped each corner with my Corner Chomper. Hope I didn't break it! It was quite hard to chomp, but I think it's okay ;p'.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you like my distressing ;p', hehe. I had a TON of fun creating tonite.

Have a great Tuesday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

24 comments:

Kat said...

I can't belive it, am I first to comment, I'm never first, how fab, anyway back to the comment,
Wow I love your art work, It rock's
those wings are the best,Love the colours,
well done you,
Kathleen

Jackie said...

Oh, wow, Steph. This is fabulous! I can't believe you made it so quickly.

Ira said...

Oh yes, I do like your distressing very much Steph! It's gorgeous! Love how you placed it against your Memory background, superb!

~amy~ said...

wowza...gorgeous! That would have literally taken me days to complete!

Kristina H said...

Really nice Steph and in 2 hours! Great job!!

Lean said...

wauw great work Steph love it and the wings are looking verry special.
byebye,Lean.

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

awesome...love all the details....TFS

Arlene said...

Gooooooorgeous Steph! Love the wings. The TH L&F papers are so awesome. TFS girl! :-)

Terry said...

How did you do this so quickly??? Love every little detail. The roses are spectacular and I love those wings. Beautiful project!

Rina said...

dood this is amazing... LOVE IT ... i just love that tim holtz lost and found paper and i love those wings, love the gorgeous yummy flowers! this project rocks!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Steph! What an AMAZING project! Love the grungy look & all those yummy embellishments!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I love your distressing project, it is gorgeous! That flower, oh so yummy! Thanks for sharing Steph!

Amy said...

WOW, this is amazing Steph! You have such a way with putting the perfect embellishment in just the perfect place, this is art!

Stella said...

All I can say is WOW!!!!!
Hugs,
Stella

Audrey Pettit said...

What an awesome project, Steph! And I'm loving your larger photos! Using that old chipboard for the backing is right up my alley. Way to re-purpose something old into something fabulous. Love, love, love the distressing. Love the wings and the sentiment, too.

Tracy said...

WOW girl! You are crankin out the distressed projects. Great job and a HUGE congrats for your win at Simon Says on your Grunge piece. You go girl!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Those letters are great and I love the distressing!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Linda Elbourne said...

Wow ... you certainly rocked our challenge again this week Steph ... Thanks for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show again.

Robin M said...

Your work is so very pretty. I've just started blogging and hope you all take a look. I love to alter things and been stamping and crafting for 27 years now. Have a Great Day.

Emora Designs said...

Love this Steph!! I love the grungy, distressed whimsy of it all!

Regan

jazsutra said...

Love the wings! the cluter of flowers all distressed! love the feel! NICE!!!!

love,jaz

Heather Jensen said...

Totally fabulous Steph! Love Tim Holts stuff too. :)

LynneForsythe said...

WOW....2 hours...you were SOOOO on a roll and what a wonderful creation!!

Thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Nancy said...

This is wonderful!! You made this in 2 hours?!?! Wow - you go, girl! :o)
Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members at Simon Says Stamp & Show for this week's challenge!