Saturday, September 18, 2010

~* Our Vintage Affair - Challenge #6 - Tag *~


Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to share with you a tag I made. I found this amazing blog challenge site, Our Vintage Affair, through my dear friend, Ira. Thanks Ira! She does some of the MOST amaaazzzzing vintage projects ever!! She inspires me!

Here's a tag I made using an image from Marie's Freebies. Isn't she a beauty? I started off with a piece of cardboard laying around...(I've been trying to clean and even found this image while I was cleaning too!). I distressed the cardboard by ripping off the top layer and added a bunch of Distress Inks. I used all kinds of flowers and some lace from my dear friends, Rina, Ar, and Rose (thanks girls!). Added a G45 tag image. Hung a little starfish charm from it. I glimmer misted some of the roses to be a brown color since they were white. There's bits of Prima lace, Webster's Pages trim, 7Gypsies seam binding...
Here's a closer view.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

23 comments:

Maureen Reiss said...

This is really pretty!!

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

hey girl what an awesome tag...i heart your tag...all the details are beautiful

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I so love this vintage tag!!! awesome!!!

Stella said...

It's beautiful; I love it!

Ira said...

WOW! Great tag Steph! The image is gorgeous and the details beautiful! Hugs, Ira

Friday said...

Great Job, steph. Love all the amazing details. TFS!!

Lean said...

wauwww love your tag and yes its made for you this vintage site..
byeby,lean.

kelly said...

This is lovely.

Kelly

Emora Designs said...

Gorgeous Steph!! I love the deep colors! So pretty!

Regan

Terry said...

She is a beauty! Love your stunning tag!

Cindy Lee said...

I'm swooning over your tag, Steph! This is vintage at its best!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous tag Steph! So much wonderful detail! I always click to enlarge - there is so much detail & beauty in all your creations that must be seen! Maybe you could load your pics larger & really show off that hard work - if you need help, please feel free to email me :)

~amy~ said...

wow...sooo very beautiful...thanks for passing along the linkie to the site...

stampdiva said...

Drop dead gorgeous. Love everything about this tag. My kind of art. Lynne M

cbuswell said...

gorgeous!

Stamping Cafe said...

What a gorgeous tag, Steph! Love the vintage look so much, you ROCK!!

Heather Jensen said...

This is amazing Steph. I love the flowers and beautiful vintage images. I totally agree with Mona. You have got to make your pics bigger. You wonderful creations get lost on your blog. When you load your pics on your post just click "large". That is what size I think most people post at. You can even go back to your post and edit it to make it bigger after if you like. ;) Wink!
Hugs,
Heather

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous! You never know what you're going to find when you start digging through your stash. hee hee

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous vintage tag, Steph! I love that you used some recycled cardboard for the base. I always think that looks so amazing with the texture that it adds. Gorgeous vintage lady image, too. Love how the Graphic 45 tag looks with it. Love the bling, the trim, and the flowers too.

ARTful Wings said...

This sure is what beautiful vintage tag - I love the way you have used recycled cardboard as the tag base (didn't think of that but will now :O)) ) Thanks for joining in at Our Vintage Affair - good luck Polly

Southern Moments said...

Awesome tag....

Jolanda said...

your tag is absolutely stunning. I also like to recycle bits of cardboard and also cereal boxes - only this morning the children complained as I've used up the boxes and the cereals are now just in plastic bags!
I love your blog and will now be a follower
x

Angela Weimer said...

Lovely tag and great image. thanks for sharing. Have a great day, Angela