Thursday, September 2, 2010

~* Papercraft Star Challenge #11 - Back to School Theme Using Cricut Cartridges or Die Cuts *~


Hi Everyone!

Happy Happy Friday!! You know what Friday means, right? I get to share with you my Papercraft Star project of the week :). This week's theme is Back to School using Cricut Carts or Die Cuts. Since I don't have a Cricut yet ;p', I decided to go with the die-cuts. I used a die-cut chipboard from my dear friend, Silvia (thanks, Sil) and a cute die-cut apple along with some cute Back-to-School themed DP. Here are the details...

Supplies:
~Paper: Imaginisce Teacher's Pet - My New Pencil Box designer paper
~Misc.: chipboard tag die-cut, apple die-cut, red paint, Multi-Medium in Matte, SU! trim, flower and regular buttons, burlap twine from Sam :)

Instructions:
1. Paint the chipboard tag with the red paint. Add a layer of my FAVE Multi-Medium in Matte (love that finish).
2. Cut the DP in a shape similar to the tag.
3. Tie the SU! trim around the DP. Tie the end of the trim with burlap twine.
4. Add the buttons and tie a bow.
5. Adhere the apple die-cut over the trim and onto the DP using foam tape for dimension.
6. Adhere the DP to the tag.

Come play along with us at Papercraft Star this week! We'd love to see your creations! You have until Noon tomorrow (Saturday)...then the voting begins and lasts until Monday. Come and vote for your fave!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

13 comments:

Amy said...

This is the cutest school card, Steph! Love the design and the big apple! Love it!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

How darling Steph! That big apple looks delicious :)

Lean said...

lovely card great job you did with de die-cuts.
have a great day howdoe,Lean.

Ira said...

What a cute school card Steph! We've been thinking alike these days :-) I wanted to enter your challenge, too, but I'm not sure whether my card qualifies (I didn't use any die cuts :-)
Hugs, Ira

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is very pretty, love the colors and the DP you used, the big apple is so cool!

Cindy Lee said...

It's lovely! I'm itching to create an apple card :)

~amy~ said...

soooooooo fun!!!

Tracy said...

This is darling Steph! Love the DP you used and the apple is so cute. :) Great project for this week's challenge!

Suzy said...

great tag! have a great labor day weekend!
~Suzy

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

You really must LOVE apples, I see you do them so often, and so well !! Great card, Steph ! Have a great Labor Day Weekend.

Emora Designs said...

Steph, this tag is adorable. The DP is so cute and that apple is perfect. It would be a great spot to journal or put a name and cute for a mini album! Great work!

Have a great weekend! Regan

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This project is so cute. Great job on posting the instructions and supply list too... people love to be able to recreate the inspiration projects from Designers!

Kristina H said...

This is so cute Steph, I just love that apple!