Thursday, September 9, 2010

~* Papercraft Star Challenge #12 - Photo Inspiration *~


Photo Inspiration (Katherynmd Etsy Shop)


Hi Everyone!

Happy Friday! Here's a card I made for Papercraft Star Challenge #12: Photo Inspiration. Typically, I try to use all the products I have, but this week...I just was tempted to purchase this Hero Arts stamp set. I had a lot of fun playing with it :)! And I actually just got the Martha Stewart doily lace punch and I'm lovin' it!!

Supplies:
~Paper: ivory cardstock; DCWV, Rhonna Farrer, and Deja Views designer paper
~Stamps/Inks: Hero Arts, black ink pad, Tim Holtz Distress Inks
~Misc.: Martha Stewart doily lace punch, Tombow pens
Instructions:
1. Cut a 4-1/4" (wide) by 5-1/2" (tall) piece of the DCWV DP.
2. Cut a strip of the blue Deja Views DP and use the punch to create a decorative edge on the top and bottom of the strip.
3. Cut a strip of the Rhonna Farrer DP.
4. Stamp the perculator and cup stamps. Color with the Tombow pens. Cut out the images and rub the edges behind with a stylus or the back of a paint brush to add dimension. Ink up the images with Distress Ink.
5. Place the perculator and the cup where you want them and stamp the steam curls. Also stamp the sentiment (I actually chose certain parts of the sentiment stamp).
6. Ink up the edges of all the DPs.
7. Adhere the DPs down. Adhere the images with foam tape for added dimension.

Come play along with us at Papercraft Star this week! We'd love to see your creations! You have until Noon tomorrow (Saturday)...then the voting begins and lasts until Monday. Come and vote for your fave!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

14 comments:

Lean said...

this is a great take on the challenge Steph lovely card.
byebye,Lean.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is such a sweet card...and you KNOW I just love that you included the steps to recreate it too! You certainly did a beautiful job with the Hero Arts stamps... makes me wanna check 'em out!

Liz said...

I love your card Steph! And I am also a fan of that Martha Stewart punch!

Friday said...

Very cute card, Steph. I love the stamp set used. TFS!!

Tracy said...

You did a great job with all your new toys Steph! :) Love the little pot and cup. Really sweet card!

Terry said...

This is so cute! Great colors and stamps! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card Steph! I love that new stamp you have, come to think of it, I don't have any coffee cup stamp or images, maybe need to invest in some? LOL! I so love the blue too, thanks for sharing and have a good weekend ahead!

Ira said...

Isn't it just great to have a good excuse to buy a new stamp Steph, LOL!! But you just bought yourself a great one! Love your card, it turned out very nice indeed!! Hugs, Ira

Amy said...

I love the card you made from the inspiration, it's perfect! The colors and the bit of blue are so pretty and I love the images and the sentiment is so true! Awesome, Steph!

Emora Designs said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! The patterned paper and colors are great and the coffee cup and pot are adorable! Great work!

LOL I'm so glad you got that paper, it is super cute! Have fun with it!
Have a great weekend Steph!
Hugs, Regan

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Cute card Steph! I sure could go for a cup of coffee right about now! Love the lacey trim! So girly & feminine!

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome take on the inspiration, Steph! Love the images and the sentiment, great color combo and design too!

Kristina H said...

Totally adorable Steph! Love that border punch :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Very cute card, Steph! this is such a perfect take on that inspiration photo. Love the tea set stamps and love the neutral color palette and the fancy edging, too.