Tuesday, September 21, 2010

~* Simon Says Stamp and Show your Grunge *~


Hi Everyone!

Hope you're having a wonderful week so far! Things have been quite busy in my neck of the woods!

Here's a project I made for Simon Says Stamp and Show your Grunge. I started off with an 8x10 canvas that my friend gave to me awhile ago. I distressed it with inks and things...stamped it with a script stamp and stamped the edges. I got to use my new Tim Holtz Lost and Found papers and images along with this Prima mulberry paper that I wrinkled and inked up and glimmer misted.

I wet embossed the birdcage and the hanging sign piece and distressed it more with alcohol inks. The pecan candy image is actually from a real candy box that I just got recently from a friend who visited Louisiana. I thought the image looked vintage and wanted to use in a future project and it found it's way to this project :). I distressed it with inks and added crackle paint.

While cleaning, I also found the rolled rose paper flower that I made earlier this year (it's good to clean and find things to use, hehe). I added some mulberry roses and aluminum rose from my friends, Ar and Rina.

I tried not to use lace and pearls, but couldn't resist. I picked up some beautiful lace from my local sewing store...they are quite expensive, but they are so pretty!

There are some hidden messages in this project, hehe. It may seem like a mish-mash, but there is some method to the madness ;p'.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Wednesday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

21 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So much vintage goodies to see here, really really pretty, love this one a lot! That rolled roses, very sweet, I tried some today but didn't turn out good, will try it again until I get it.
Thanks for sharing such beautiful creation!

Stella said...

So many gorgeous details; I think you created a masterpiece; I love every detail!
Have a wonderful day!

Lean said...

i love this so much to see and a cool idea...madness no way this is ART!!!!
byebye and thanks for showing to us,Lean

Emora Designs said...

Gorgeous and Grungy! Love it!! You did great! I am a little scared of collage art... LOL

Thanks for sharing your beautiful project!
Regan

Ira said...

Oh my, this one's absolutely wonderful Steph! I love how you combined all of those pretty elements! Superb job! Hugs, Ira

Lori said...

Yep, there's a lot going on, but it's all wonderful! Love how you used the Lost and Found paper, isn't that stuff great? Gorgeous piece here, something you could study for hours and still be amazed! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Kristina H said...

Whatever the method, I love your madness!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the label and charms! The bird cage is fantastic too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!

-Sarah

Tracy said...

Great canvas Steph! I'm not very good at the grunge thing, but you've hit the nail on the head. You're just finding all kinds of little treasures to use. hee hee Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love, love the bigger photos, Steph! Looks fabulous, my friend! Your altered canvas is SO cool! I love all the grunge and the distressing and the vintage look. How cool that you used a real box on here, and I love the dimension of the birdcage. And how gorgeous is that flower? So perfect for this.

CraftySil said...

This is really nice Steph! I'm not one that likes grungy and vintagy stuff, but this looks really pretty all together.

Friday said...

Steph, your work is amazing. Fabulous Canvas. Love the look. TFS! Friday

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Steph! Love all the Vintage - Grungy goodness that you have used! I love that I can see all that magnificent detail! You surely hit this challenge out of the park!

Kat said...

oh my, what a stunning piece of art you have made here,
truly amazing.
Kathleen.

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

Gorgeous ! And I love that I can see how much fun you had making this. My favorite project of yours EVER !!!

Sue West said...

Totally love this, it's fabulous.
Sue x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

What a beauatiful piece of art. You have really done a great arrangement of all your little grungy elements. Thanks for sharing

Linda Elbourne said...

This is an awesome piece Steph ... all the details are just wonderful ... I wish I could see it for real ... Thank you for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... same time same place next week :0)

LynneForsythe said...

what an AMAZING canvas....would love to know all the bits and pieces about it.....AWESOME job!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh my goodness, this is a masterpiece!! I really wish I could see it IRL because I don't think the photos do it justice. So many different elements and all with such wonderful grunginess! You totally nailed the grunge challenge! So happy you were able to join in the fun with us last week at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hope to see you back with us this week for the distressed/sanded challenge!

Karla Anderson said...

This is a great piece! I love all the different grungy elements. Congrats on winning the Blinkie!