Sunday, October 24, 2010

~* "DO GREAT in the small things" (PDCC#52 One Year Anniversary) *~


Hi Everyone!
It's the start of a new week for some folks. Hope everyone has an awesome week!

Here's a card I made to play along in The Play Date Cafe Challenge #52. Happy Anniversary Play Date Cafe!

This week's color story is to use pinks, oranges, yellows...I just had to use one of my FAVE DPs...I wet embossed the floral lace stamp background in clear. I didn't want it crisp so it wasn't stamped completely. I inked up with distress inks~love "painting" with inks. I also inked up a doilie. I fussy-cut the image from the Basic Grey porcelain paper, which is popped up with foam tape, as well as the sentiment stamp that I picked up from Michaels. Love the sentiment, love Mother Teresa's words of wisdom. I added a bunch of baby roses that I inked up. The bow is some 7Gypsies seam binding that I crinkled.

Hope you had a great weekend! We had fun picking pumpkins and corn :)!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

18 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oooooohhhhh...lovely!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Beautiful image/backgound and use of embellies! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Amy said...

This color combo is so pretty and with your design and accents...it takes it to gorgeous!
Looks like quite the pumpkin field you went to, awesome photo!
Hope you have a great week, Steph!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous card, Steph! I SO love that BG line. I still have a bit of it stashed away. The fussy cut birdcage is just beautiful, as is the embossed background and the spritzed doily.
And I just love seeing a photo of your pumpkin patch. How fun!

Stella said...

I know who's gonna win this challenge....:)
I love love love it. Such a jewel; perfect!
I love the soft colors and the way you painted the doily and the papers...ahhh!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Lean said...

The picnic looks like fun to me.
Lovely card you made Steph great take on the challenge sweet soft colors.
byebye,Lean

cabio's craft corner said...

This card is so romantic Steph and the way you inked the doily is so sweet.
ps I envy the weather where you are. We have heavy rainy days 2 days in a row and it's still not stopping!
Hugs,
Cabio

Ros said...

This is stunning Steph ... a real beauty ...

Ros said...

Steph ... do you have an email address?

Lori said...

Oh, this is so pretty...love that background and the doily...and of course,that wonderful paper!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Steph! So pretty! Love the birdcage & the sweet flower embellishments!

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful card! Great take on the color challenge!!!!

LG said...

You are just getting better and better. This card is divine!

BabyBokChoy said...

This card is so shimmeringly gorgeous! LOVE it.

Heather Jensen said...

So sweet. Love birdes and birdcages. I have this BG paper and stamps set too. :)

Ruby said...

This is beautiful! I love your background, it's lovely. Thanks for joining in our anniversary celebrations over at the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHHHHHH Goodness--this card is stunning! I just love love love it! I love the layers and the detail--great card! Love that background stamping! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with our one year anniversary celebration over at the PDCC:)

Emora Designs said...

Such a pretty card! TFS, Regan