Monday, October 18, 2010

~* Graphic 45 Le Romantique Altered Wood Box with a Mini Mini Inside (Simon Says Stamp and Show Anything But a Card) *~










Hi Everyone!

Hope you're having a great week so far!

I was a little bummed that I wasn't able to play along in last week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show, but I'm back this week for the Show Anything But a Card challenge.
I altered a raw wood box that Tracy gave to me (thanks Tracy!) by first painting it with black acrylic paint. I then adhered my favorite Graphic 45 Le Romantique rose designer paper! I added the image of the beautiful lady on top along with Multi-Medium in Matte, Prima baby roses that were inked up, a stick pin, pearls, a Prima fimo rose, and lace. I changed out the closure by adding a pretty vintagey button and added some skinny satin trim. I decided to make a mini to place inside of the box. I made it with coin envelopes. I had to trim them a bit to fit inside. I adhered the Le Romantique papers, painted the edges with black acrylic paint, then added Multi-Medium. I embellished the pages at the minimum to enable the mini to fit and maybe add MINI pictures. I added tags in the pockets for journaling and mini photos. I used black lace along with large eyelets to bind the mini.
Hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

18 comments:

Lean said...

wauw this is so beautiful made love it .Cool design and yummie details..
have a nice day byebye,Lean

Stella said...

I knew already that you're multi-talented :)but this......it took my breath away.
So gorgeous; I love the Graphic 45 papers and you created such a stunning box and album. Love it!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

~amy~ said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! Holey moley girl...that box is wow and then to have a mini inside?!!! excellent!

Lori said...

This project is gorgeous! Love the papers, they're absolutely beautiful on the box!

Ira said...

.... did you hear me holding my breath there Steph??? You did an absolute marvel with your box! Love how you made a mini as well! Hugs, Ira

Jolanda said...

OOOOHHHHH,this is so very pretty!!!Love these papers!
Have a very nice day!!!

Jo said...

this is fabulous, using more of that paper I see, how's your stash?

Amy said...

WOW, so perfectly gorgeous, Steph! Love how you used the papers, the lady on the lid is such a great touch! And your mini album is a cool idea to add to the box, very clever way to put it together too! Fabulous project!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful altered box, Steph! I love seeing your altered projects and vintage inspired designs. SO right up my alley! Love all your added details and love the coin envelope mini. That is just so clever.

♥♥♥Jan ♥♥♥ said...

Your altered projects are always so beautiful !! The pin on the box is really stunning. Always a pleasure to visit you, Steph !!!

Tracy said...

Mini Mini is right! I know how small that box is! :) Absolutely beautiful. I still have a couple of those boxes waiting to be glamorized. Fantastic!! Hugs!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous altered box & mini book Steph! You did an amazing job showcasing that gorgeous Graphic 45 DP!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is breathtaking, Steph! What a gorgeous altered box and mini book, you are amazingly talented!! Love your work!

Heather Jensen said...

Absolutely beautiful Stpehanie. Love the Graphic 45 paper and all your fab embellishments. :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is lovely!! I like the romantic florals :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

lauren said...

unbelievable! that's seriously amazing and just SO BEAUTIFUL!!! ♥♥♥

Emora Designs said...

Beautiful Steph!

LynneForsythe said...

Lovely....LOVELY!!! what a FABULOUS job you did!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!