Tuesday, October 26, 2010

~* H3LLO TH3R3 (Simon Says Stamp and Show Something Spookay) *~





Hi Everyone!

Hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

This week at Simon Says Stamp and Show, we are to Show Something Spookay! I'm a bit of a scaredy cat...so some vintage images just give me the hibbie-gibbies (hehe, how do you spell that?). I used a 6x6 paper from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found. It's the one with all the images of the people. Okay, I kind of got freaked out so I had to cover it with an Anna Griffin acetate that I added alcohol ink and Multi-Medium to. I wanted sort of a hazy look. You can barely see the folks in the back, but it's okay with me, hehe. I stapled the acetate to the DP with the tiny attacher.

I think I'm addicted to doilies at the moment...hehe. I distressed it and inked it up. I added a Sizzix frame that I also inked up and added Starburt stains to. The images inside and around the frame are from the Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante collection. I love G45, but these two images scare me for some reason. I added the crow image near her arm. Oh, I also added some black lace that I fanned behind the frame. I cut out the letters from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found papers and distressed the edges with my distresser and with inks. I also added some paper flowers that I distressed with inks and Starburts stains.

I guess this is not your typical spookay project...but I typically don't have spooky stamps and things, well, you know why...cause I'm a scaredy cat ;p'.
I might give this puppy away cause it's TOO scarweeee for me ;p'!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have an awesome Wednesday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

14 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is very spooky but cool at the same time, love that vintage image and how you color the doily, thanks for sharing!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh ya, you were right, that is an old photo of ME! LOL!

Ira said...

That looks gloomy and dark but it's not too scary for us to look at, don't worry Steph, LOL! Great image to work with and the dark background paper is superb for this type of card! Hugs, Ira

Dan said...

I love the multi-layered style of this! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week- Thank you!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Awesome job! I think it's totally creepy and I love how you described everything you did to create it. Terrific take on the spooky theme! So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

Lean said...

I think its a lovely spooky card...and your adiction with the doilies is not a problem i share this adiction to..hhihi.
byebye,Lean and have a spookyday

~amy~ said...

haha...I'm a scaredy cat too...love your project!

Nancy Wethington said...

Lovin' this! Those flowers are fab. That crow and the gal reminds me of Tipi Hendron in The Birds. Thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, how you made me laugh with this one, Steph! You are so cute getting creeped out from your card. But I can see why. Just looking at your card, before reading your comments, I was thinking to myself that all the people in the background were kinda creepy. I think you did a spooktacular job on this haunted creation. :)

BabyBokChoy said...

This is a very cool project!!! :)

Stella said...

Spooky but als very very very elegant, fabulous, beautiful and gorgeous :)
PERFECT!
Hugs,
Stella

Linda Robinson said...

Amazing is the first word that comes to mind. I just love that vintage feel this has.. well done..

Hugs, Linda

Amy said...

I love your take on this spooky challenge, and I think the central pic is a bit creepy! LOL! But you've taken them all and made a beautiful vintage looking card! Hope you're having a great week, Steph!

lauren said...

ooooooooooooh!!! the combo of inky...and spooky...and collagey...and vintagey...ok, yeah it's SCARY how ♥cool♥ it all looks TOGETHER!!! :)