Tuesday, October 5, 2010

~* {heart} YOU (Simon Says Stamp and Show Your Numbers!)





Hi Everyone!

Hope you're having a wonderful week so far! I made another little canvas for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog - Show Your Numbers Challenge.
This little 5"x5" canvas is packed with numbers, even the sides are wrapped with Tim Holtz tissue tape, which has numbers :). I scrunched some of the tape and put it randomly in areas (can you find Waldo, I mean the hidden tissue tape?).
I did some experimenting on this puppy. I've seen the gel mediums with glass beads in them, but I wanted to try to make my own. I used the multi-medium and glass beads and it came out cool. Love the texture. I did a lot of distressing with inks and starburst stains. I used paints, crackle accents, Tim Holtz type charms, Prima roses & pearls, lace...oh yes, and I used more of the Tim Holtz Lost and Found bits and pieces.

Hope you like it! I had so much fun playing! Have a wonderful Wednesday (wow, this week is zooming by)!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

16 comments:

cabio's craft corner said...

This is the coolest card. Love all the embellishment and they look awesome!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Stella said...

This is pure ART; gorgeous!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Ira said...

You ARE in a grungy mood Steph! It looks absolutely wonderful, your new canvas, love all the details and embellies you put on it! Great job, hugs, Ira xox

Linda Robinson said...

Way to stack it on girly.. This is fabulous..
This look like you had alot of fun making...

Happy Wednesday to ya... Hugs, Linda

Tracy said...

This really looks cool Steph! Love how you did your background . I like that it's not solid and you can see the edges of the color. You go girl! Hugs!

Lean said...

This is a stunning mini canvas you made love the details and the yummie vintage look.
byebye,Lean

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

wow O-EM-GEE i heart your canvas...very grudgey....

~amy~ said...

Whatta gorgeous canvas! Loaded with tons of goodies!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is a great collage! I love the flowers and letter pieces especially! :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely piece, all the embellishments are fab, everything works so wonderfully together to create a great piece of art. Tracy Evans x

Amy said...

Gorgeous Steph! I think I spotted some of tissue tape! ;)
Love the mix of items and especially the heart with the wings, so cool!

Audrey Pettit said...

How adorable, Steph! I definitely tried to play Where's Waldo as best as I could with the tissue tape. Scrolled through the photos several times to be sure I caught it all. ;)
Love the mixed media here. Love the bits of microbeads, too. Didn't see to much of it, but I think I found it.
Great project, my friend!
And you know....if you can't find a good cause out there in HI, you could organize one. :)

LynneForsythe said...

GIRL...this is one amazing piece of Altered Art!!! I enjoyed looking at all the ins and outs!

Thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

Ros said...

Wow! what a lot of work you've put into this ... it's truly amazing Steph
Have a great day

Kat said...

wonderful piece of art,
so much detail,
colours are right up my street,
so are all the textures
well done you.
Kathleen.

Linapyssel said...

This is gorgeous work!!! Big congrats to the winning!!
Hugs lina