Monday, November 29, 2010

~* Baby, It's Cold Outside. Let's have some tea! *~


Hi Everyone!

What a day! Glad I had time to do some crafting therapy this evening, hehe.

I had so much fun playing with the vintage images in my vintage holiday tags...I wanted to play with this sweet image again. I found out that it's actually an image used on one of the G45 Christmas papers! Coolness!

Anyhoo...I am entering this project into two challenges:
1. City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 33 ~ Blue Christmas - create a Christmas Card/Project with a blue theme
2. The Shabby Tea Room: Week #38 - 'Get In Shape' - make a shaped card or project using NO squares or rectangles

I used a chipboard teapot from my fabbie friend, Rina. I covered it with Melissa Frances DP. I distressed the edges and inked them up. Added blue pom poms, some lace, some Webster's Pages trim that I did surgery on and added pearls, some vintagey pom pom trim...I just typed up the sentiment on the computer and tore the edges and inked it up (I actually thought of Ros since I read her post about it being super duper cold where she is. Hope it warms up.). Added the sweet image and one of my UTEEd baby roses. I think I'll use this as an ornament :).

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Tuesday! I hope to visit you all soon...things have been so crazy!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

20 comments:

june lanum said...

love the teapot

Ros said...

This is so cute! you did a great job Steph ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

cbuswell said...

Love your teapot, the vintage image is so sweet and I'm a big fan of pom-poms!!

LG said...

WOW this is spectacular!!!

Lean said...

OOO wonderful teapot you made love the sweet image on it and sweet details and its lovely to drink when its cold outside....it is by the way.
byebye,Lean

NickelNook said...

This is so pretty Steph! What a great way to use the teapot! I really love the sentiment too! It's cold here and snowing again! Have a happy day!...Nancy :o)

~amy~ said...

now how fun is this? LOVE it!

lauren said...

ooooooooooooh! that *IS* verrrrrry clever indeed and utterly adorable! ♥!

Debbie said...

I {heart} tea, tea pots and tea parties, so this project makes me smile!! So soft and pretty!! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room -- perfect design to share with us :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty, I love the teapot and the vintage image, lovely blue color too, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB! : )

Audrey Pettit said...

This is adorable, Steph! What a wonderful ornament it would make! Love the fun teapot shape and love that vintage image. The trim is lovely, too.

JD said...

Pretty!

Stella said...

Steph this is gorgeous. The teapot looks like delicate china tableware and oh my..that vintage image. Such a cutie and you are always fabulous with everything vintage. Perfect additions of lace, pearls and pom poms.Love it!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous project! :)

Lori said...

Love that teapot! So very cute and love the darling little girl!

BabyBokChoy said...

I love everything about it, it sent me to vintage heaven, LOVE the teapot and that little gal, well, what can I say?? awesome!!!!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun project!

Rose said...

This is gorgeous, Steph! I love your shaped card!

Linda Robinson said...

What a cute little project, I love it. Perfect for our little blue theme going on this week at CCCB! Thanks so much for playing along.

Hugs, Linda

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so cute! LOVE the teapot! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!