Wednesday, November 17, 2010

~* JOY Ornament (May Arts - Show Us Your Plaid! - A Christmas Craft Challenge) *~



Hi Everyone!

Here is an ornament I created for the Show Us Your Plaid! - A Christmas Craft Challenge at the May Arts blog. I was a little stumped as to what I was going to create...but I think it came out cute ;p'. Thanks for the motivation, Sam :)!

I created an ornament from a chipboard ornament shape that I purchased from Michael's. I primed it with gesso and then painted it with red acrylic paint. Using the beautiful trims from May Arts, I weaved a plaid pattern. I added the wire ribbon adorned with pearls at the top to hang the ornament. I tied a bow using the 1.5" holiday prints/wired trim and adhered it over the hanger trim. I also added a couple paper poinsettias with pearl centers and some Making Memories glittered chipboard letters.

I used the following trims to create this project:
1/4" metallic/chain cord in gold (348-14-30)
1/4" metallic/chain cord in silver (347-14-31)
3/16" wire ribbon adorned with 3/16" beads in pearl (FY09)
1/8" solid polyester ribbon in black/gold edge (340-03)
1/8" solid polyester ribbon in green/red edge (340-55)
1.5" holiday prints/wired (MX44)
AG 3/8" - Solid Metallic (AG25)

I had a lot of fun playing with May Arts wonderful trims! I love them!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

15 comments:

june lanum said...

wow this is so neat looks like a lot of work went into this.

Ros said...

Beautiful! such a lot of work has gone into this and it shows ... have a nice day Steph

NickelNook said...

Oh Steph! That's such a pretty ornament! I love all those ribbons and trims! It reminds me of a plaid skirt I had when I was little! I really like the "JOY" on it too! Have a happy day!...Nancy :o)

~amy~ said...

wow...sooo pretty...your projects are always so chock filled with lovely details!

Lean said...

oooo i love this .This is looking so cool on/in the tree.Sweet chritmas colors.
byebye,lean

Friday said...

Love the ribbon plaid look, Steph. Great job. It's so festive. TFS, Hugs!!

Linda Robinson said...

What a cute orniment.. Love that plaid, it is so christmasy.. Is that even a word..

Hugs, Linda

Samantha said...

Ha Ha Steph! Good for you for playing along with us! This is perfect, a great use of all these pretty ribbons, I just requested that pearl wire, I love it! Good Luck Girl!!!1
xoxoxox

Stella said...

Steph; you're an artist. I know for sure. At first I thought you've used fabric but you weaved the pattern....gorgeous.
Looks like a winner to me :)
Hugs,
Stella

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a lovely creation, the christmas tree will look so good with these ornaments!

Terry said...

You have created a gorgeous ornament! Love this!

lauren said...

s'cuse me did you just say ♥WOVEN RIBBON BASE♥??!?!?!?! by golly YES you did!!! holy moly that is ♥AWE♥SOME♥!!! (awesome!) :)

Amy said...

I can't believe you made your own plaid using ribbons! This is gorgeous Steph! Love the poinsettia and the pearl loop hanger, so clever!

Pauline said...

Wow, look at that palid! It's so pretty, a gorgeous work of art.

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, how fabulous! Your plaid ribbon treatment is just amazing, my friend!