Thursday, November 25, 2010

~* Joy to the World! (Let's Get Shabby Challenge #18) *~


Hi Everyone!

I guess I've been itching to create! Here is my project for Let's Get Shabby Challenge #18. The challenge is to "share your favourite Christmas song/carol or hymn." I like a lot of Christmas songs, but "Joy to the World" seemed fitting.

My project has a lot of Melissa Frances goodness. I started off with this chipboard card base from one of her ephemera kits. I added some Home for the Holidays DP. The doilie, the satin ribbon flower, and the lace are also from the ephemera kit.

I made one of my "lotus" flowers, but this time I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink to color it up. I added Melissa Frances glittered chipboard letters and a Parisian Anthology ticket that I wrote on. There is a Tattered Angels butterfly chip piece, some snowflake buttons and an angel button, a Melissa Frances corner piece, and some pom pom trim. Everything is inked up with Distress Ink :)!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous Aloha Friday (Black Friday for those in the US~happy shopping)!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

26 comments:

Dear Pearl said...

Gorgeous! I love that lotus flower it is divine!

Jolanda said...

beautiful work!!

Ros said...

Oh my this is so pretty ... love all the MF and your flower ... have a great day ...

Ira said...

What an exquisite card Steph! Love the image and the butterfly (of course!). Sweet card, hugs, Ira

Julie said...

Great card. I love your flower.

Julie said...

Great card. I love the flower you have made. Thanks for playing with us over at shabby.

Friday said...

I love it, steph. It's just Beautiful. Have a great day. I hope you had a great time with you family and friends yesterday. Hugs...

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Very pretty Steph! Love the beautiful blossom and all the gorgeous embellishments! The shimmery JOY is so eye catching!

Stella said...

Steph it's always fun to visit your blog; and there is always another new gorgeous project you'ver made. This one too :). I love MF supplies and you created such a gorgeous card with it!
Hugs,
Stella

Sasya said...

very very pretty!!! thanks for joining us at let's get shabby!! :)

cbuswell said...

this is so pretty, love the sparkly letters and gorgeous flowers!

Lean said...

lovely work Steph i like the soft colors and the sweet flowers to.
byebye,lean

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful shabby project Steph, I love Melissa Frances, and love the soft tone you have on this project, lovely embellishment too!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is such an exquisite tag, great job!!!

Tracy said...

I'm really liking this Melissa Frances stuff. It's gorgeous and so is your little creation. I love the doily and all those "extra' little goodies. Beautiful Steph! Hugs!

Lori said...

So very pretty...gorgeous embellishment!

Gayle...... that,s me said...

What a gorgeous tag. Love the softness of your colours. Thanks for joining in at Lets Get Shabby.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a lovely collection of some of my favorite things here, Steph! So, so shabby chic and beautiful!

Nicky said...

love what you've created for this challenge, well done!

Mabaco said...

beautiful!!!
thanks for playing with us!!

Ruth said...

I love joy to the world and MF products, what a delightful combination!!
Thanks for playing.

Merry christmas from Ruth x

mandysea said...

Just so serene and pretty - the title is very fitting!! Lovely!
THanks for playing along with us at Shabby

Kirsty said...

Oh this is lovely!

yumiko said...

Steph,I love this Christmas song,too!!
Love two lovely flowers and beautiful green title!!
Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!! See you again!!!

Lea said...

very pretty, lov the lotus too:)

Vibeke said...

Something so beautiful! This was delicious!:)

Thanks for playing with us:)