Wednesday, November 3, 2010

~* {Photo Heavy} Melissa Frances Shabby "Vintage Posey" Mini Album (SSS&SYShabby) *~









Hi Everyone!

{Sorry for all the text...}

Here's a mini that I made using some goodies I won from Melissa Frances. I started off with this pretty Vintage Posey Mini Album. The binding was a little bent so I replaced with with my Cinch wires. I painted the the covers, which were raw chipboard, with antique white acrylic paint. I added a layer of Multi-Medium to make the surface smooth and waterproof. I hand-cut the front and back cover designer papers and inked up the edges. I used the die-cut letters and shapes from the paper kit I also received. I added some Melissa Frances vintage corners and a keyhole that I bought and that I have been hoarding, hehe. They are awesome! I added a bunch of Prima baby roses, and bits of lace.

On the inside cover, I made a pocket using a Sizzix die and the designer papers in the kit. I added some lace I bought from Jo-Ann to the back, added a Prima baby rose, and made a tag from the papers (and added a bow).

All the inside pages were pre-cut, aren't they gorgeous! Super easy to make a mini. I inked up all the pages. The mini even came with those tags. I added a trim and a button with twine to each of the tags. I cut mini file folders and inked up the edges...they are throughout the mini. I added a bunch of Prima pom pom trim, aren't they adorable? All the vintage images are from Marie's Freebies. I have not totally adhered the images so that I can slip in a photo or something later on.
There are also vintagey buttons, a charm, thickers, and a cameo...there are some pages that aren't embellished. The mini was getting too big, hehe...plus, since the pages are regular paper, I did not want to weigh them down.

On the inside of the back cover, I added two tiny pockets I also cut using a Sizzix die on the back and made two more tags.

I am entering this baby into Simon Says Stamp and Show Something Shabby!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful nite and Thursday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

15 comments:

Stella said...

I am smitten.....and totally in love with it. I just keep looking at all the details. Steph this is absolutely FABULOUS!!
Thanks for sharing; I added this to my favorites so I can easily look back again :)
Hugs,
Stella

Ira said...

You are so active Steph! Just look at this gorgeous album, I love it! Can imagine you were very happy to get those lovely goodies from MF! Hugs, Ira

Kristina said...

What a beautiful mini Steph, you really did an amazing job!

jazsutra said...

Am so loving this ;)

So preeeeety!!!

luv,jaz

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I just love this beautiful, soft, shabby mini album, Melissa Frances is always my favorite, so lovely with such great details.
How is the cinch binding, that is on my wish list.

Lean said...

ooo this is so sweet lovely album you made with your winning goodies.Thanks for sharring byebye,Lean

Terry said...

Such a beautiful mini album! I love all the fabulous details! Wow!

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful album. I love MF stuff...and I don't have any. That is a problem. :)

Linda Cain said...

Adorable, and thanks for stopping by my blog!
Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

What a gorgeous mini, Steph! Love all things MF! This has so many fabulous details. Love those tags that came with it, and adore your file folders and pull-outs and all the pretty vintage images and flowers.

Ros said...

Wow! Steph this is divine!!! I love it

Tracy said...

Absolutely beautiful Steph! You're in your element here. :) Hugs!

lauren said...

ok, i dunno about "photo heavy" b/c seriously who WOULD NOT want to see detailed pics of every single page of this lovely album??!?! i can tell you it's definitely "ENVY HEAVY" for me, however!!!! :)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a fabulous album - so delightfully shabby. I love Melissa Frances and this is just too gorgeous! Must have taken forever, but well worth the time investment. So happy you could join in the shabby fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

LG said...

oh my goodness! This mini is remarkable. LOVE IT!