Sunday, October 31, 2010

~* Sew in Love (Let's Get Shabby Challenge #17) *~




Hi Everyone!

I made this project for Let's Get Shabby Challenge #17, Sunday nite. The challenge is about "Raiding Your Sewing Boxes," creating a project using items from your sewing box. There needs to be at least three (noticeable) sewing box treasures, pins need to be one of your three.

I created this piece by starting off with a square canvas. I painted it with antique white acrylic paint. I think adhered a piece of pink gingham fabric that I inked up a little to tone it down. I added the eyelet trim around the edge along with some Prima trim. I added some Prima roses, I distressed the baby ones with ink. I added Thickers for the title (added some pearl accents to "dull" the shiney black a little). The spools and scissors are Maya Road chip pieces that I painted with black acrylic paint. I wound string around the spools and added some Maya Road heart stickpins that I added pearls to. I inked up the Maya Road dressform chip piece and dressed it up with lace and trims and a bow. Added some Prima pearl flourishes and a seam binding bow that I glimmer misted with various colors.

I loved making this project except for getting burnt by the hot glue gun. OUCHIE! Thank goodness for aloe plants ;p'!

Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

29 comments:

Julie said...

This looks sew great. Loving all the details. thanks for plying along with us at shabby.

Lene said...

This is really lovable!! Love all the details !

Thanks for playing along with us at shabby!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sew pretty Steph! Love all the lil' details especially the spools of thread & heart stickpins! So feminine!

Stella said...

This is so/sew gorgeous :). Pink is one of my favorite colors and the gingham fabric is so adorable. Steph I love how this turned out. Defnitely a sewing project and every detail of this project is just perfect!!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

cbuswell said...

VERY pretty, LOVE all the beautiful little details!! gorgeous!

Ira said...

Wow Steph, you sure raided your sewing box allright! I love this! Just SEW great! Hugs, Ira

~amy~ said...

wow...soooo fun...love all your details!

Lean said...

ooo this is so sweet with sweet details on it and the pink...yummie love it.
byebye,Lean

Linda Robinson said...

This is beautiful.. I think it would look perfect in my craft room.. You didn't leave out any details.. I love it..

Hugs, Linda

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

hey girl i heart this....how adorable.....hope all is well

Sasya said...

gorgeous project!!! the details are awesome! thanks for playing with let's get shabby!

Kristina said...

Oh this is just fabulous Steph, you did an awesome job!

Rose said...

This is soo gorgegous, Steph! I LOVE all the details...such eye candy!!

Tracy said...

Are you trying to follow Rina's footsteps with the glue gun? hee hee I love this Steph! It's got the cutest embellishments. Love the spools and the little dress form. Totally cute! Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely! So many cute things to look at, the dress form, the spools, the pin, all so adorable!

Amy said...

This is sew pretty and fun, Steph! I love all your sewing notions you've incorporated, especially the dress form..soooo cute! Awesome work, girl!

Ros said...

Beautiful Steph ... love anything to do with sewing theme as you know ... Have a lovely day

Audrey Pettit said...

This is sew very cool, Steph! Sorry for the burnt finger, though. :( I love the gingham fabric and love the sewing details. The lace wrapped dress form is awesome, and I love the lace around the edges, too. Gorgeous flowers.

Lori said...

Your canvas is 'sew' pretty! Love the pink gingham and the sewing elements!

Terry said...

Your sewing canvas is adorable! Love all the elements you added. Take care of that finger!

Jo said...

this is so cute Steph. love it.

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... this is so gorgeous and girly, Steph!! You ROCK, girl!!

mandysea said...

Ouch!!
This is very pretty - love the gingham and colour!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!

Friday said...

Wow, Steph, awesome job!! It's SEW beautiful. lol. TFS!! Hugs, Friday

Ruth said...

How cute and what a great play on words!!

Kirsty said...

This is gorgeous...I too have a love hate relationship with my hot glue gun ;)

Mabaco said...

This is just beautiful!!!
Thanks for playing at shabby with us!
hugs from france!
corinne

Gayle...... that,s me said...

Beautiful work,love your colours. Thanks for joining in at Lets Get Shabby

Vibeke said...

Beautiful layout you made! Love all the details.
Incredibly gorgeous:)

Thank you for playing with us