Monday, December 27, 2010

~* Let's Get Shabby: Challenge #19 Architecture *~



Hi Everyone!

This is an altered tray that I made for Let's Get Shabby: Challenge #19. The theme is Architecture. I was inspired by the arches and columns in the inspiration photo.

I must say that I am fascinated with architecture. Me and my friend have roamed downtown Honolulu several times taking photos of the gorgeous buildings. So much fun! The photo used in this project is of one of the photos I took of the buildings downtown. I love how there are arches and arches and arches...so fascinating!

I first gesso-ed the tray and painted it with Antique White acrylic paint. I used Pink Paislee Sweetness DP. I fussy-cut the flowers off the top of the DP and also fussy-cut around the image found on the upper right corner of my tray. I added a bunch of Prima roses and other paper flowers. There is some Webster's Pages bloomers, Crackle Accents on some of the flower and leaf images, Prima flourishes, Prima lace, pearl trim,...and a gold cherub.

I was really inspired to create :).

Thank you for stopping by! The New Year is quickly approaching! Here's to an awesome 2011, everyone!!!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

23 comments:

Julie said...

Just goegeous. Love how you have mixed the patterned paper flowers with Prima and trim ones. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

Pastila said...

Oh! Fabulous interpratation!
Thanks so much to joining us at Shabby! Good Luck!

Mabaco said...

beautiful work!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for playing with us!
Hugs from france!
and best wishes for 2011...

Ros said...

WOW!!!**!! This is amazing ... I really love the photo .. so cleverly done absolutely brilliant ... must be a winner!

Friday said...

Awesome tray,Steph. Awesome job.TFS!! Hope santa was nice to you. Hugs, Friday

~amy~ said...

WOW...this is stunning...fabulous work!

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW!!! this is ♥ASTONISHING♥! i love how it seems like you can just WALK INTO that tray and straight into another (prettier & infinitely more elegant) world! sign me up!!! it's like a papercrafty version of the "the lion, the witch and the wardrobe"!!! ♥♥♥ (FABULOUS!!!)

Sasya said...

wow girl your project is just awesome!!! i like the photo too, very pretty!
thanks for joining us at Let's Get Shabby! Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!

mandysea said...

How superb!!!
What a wonderful unique idea!!

Ooh it feels so inviting...its almost as if I can walk through those archways!

Stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with Shabby!

Lean said...

This is lovely work Your tray i like the 3d look of it.
byebye,lean

Terry said...

Beautiful altered tray! Love the photgraph you used! Happy New Year!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, my word, what a COOL project, Steph! I absolutely LOVE this!!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, my friend!!

Ira said...

Goodness me Steph! This really takes my breath away, it's totally awesome!! Love the picture you used, it's got so much depth to it!! Hugs, Ira

Cindy Lee said...

OMG!! This is AWESOME, Steph!! It's so 3D!

Ruth said...

I too love to take photographs of architecture but it seems a world away since I last had the chance to do that. The photograph is stunning but what is genius is your idea to use a tray and make a feature out of the whole thing....awesome!!

Thanks for playing along with us and a Happy New Year from Shabby:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is simply stunning Steph, so beautiful, I love architecture too, during my stay in New York City, I just enjoyed walking along different path and admired all the old buildings in the city.

LG said...

oh my goodness this is magnificent! I would love to make me one of those. Thanks for the inspiration

Stella said...

This is such a stunning example of your talent. Wow Steph this tray is amazing! And I think I am always writing the same and maybe it sounds a bit boring.... But this not only a masterpiece of crafting this is ART!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Jolanda said...

wow it´s gorgeous! I love your take on the challenge!

yumiko said...

Wow!!Steph,this is so gorgeous!!! Love your altered tray!!!and the photo is so beautiful!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

Lene said...

wow - this is soooo cool! Love your altered tray !!

Thanks for playing along with us at shabby!

Gayle...... that,s me said...

This is gorgeous. I love your interpretation of this challenge. Thanks for playing along at LGS

Vibeke said...

Hi:)
What a beautiful layout you made! I love your flowers:)

Thank you for playing with us at Shabby:)