Wednesday, December 1, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #1 (SSS&S...A Tag!!) *~


Hi Everyone!

Happy December!

I really want to play along with Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up daily, but hopefully, I'll be able to finish all 12 tags this December ;p'.

I loved all the techniques he used today for Day #1. I don't have many of the products that he used, in particular the house and fence dies, but I just improvised and used what I had. Yay! Super fun! I started off with a #8 Craft tag.

~I tried the background technique, but I used Smooch Spritz in vanilla shimmer because I didn't have the Perfect Pearls Mist. I used tumbled glass, broken china, and stormy sky. I used a Stampin' Up! snowflake stamp. I also used the walnut stain for the edging as Tim did.

~My birdie cage is made from Grungepaper that I dry embossed with his notebook Texture Fade. I painted it with antique white acrylic paint. I used the vintage photo as Tim did. I added glossy accents then some glitter...I heat gunned it so it got poofy. I added this metallic pearl white acrylic paint on it.

~I added Tim's ticket stamp, which I stamped on kraft paper that I diecut with the ticket die. I added some metallic pearl white paint to it. I tied burlap twine so it appears as if the ticket is hanging from the cage.

~I stained seam binding with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Turquoise Blue. I added a ball and bead charm that reminded me of ornaments.

The birdie is also made from the same Grungepaper that I ran through the Texture Fade. He was inked up with vintage photo and I added glossy accents/glitter/paint. I added a UTEEd rose to the birdie. I also added a poinsettia and a UTEEd rose on the birdcage. I think, last but not least, I added some pink pom pom trim near the birdie.

I'm entering this tag into Simon Says Stamp and Show...A Tag!! Also playing in...It's Christmas Time! by Jennie.
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

15 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great job! It's so fun to see how everyone is improvising! Saw your post at studio L3 so came over to takeva look,
Rinda

jazsutra said...

Steph dearie, this tag with that birdcage is oh so tweet!!! i used that cage for my lat month's class too ;)
and thx for leaving a comment at the Joys@Uptown Sweet facebook,..er..i think it could be some error because we have friends fr Brazil and other countries there...we'll love to hv yr comment there again if you could drop by again...teehee

thank you and blessed rgds,
jaz

Friday said...

Great job, Steph. I just got the tag die and I can't wait to try making some tags. Love it. TFS!! Hugs, Friday

Kristina said...

Really pretty Steph, love the blue!

Audrey Pettit said...

My goodness, the techniques!! How amazing, Steph! This is so pretty and so cool, too. Can't wait to see more 12 days tags from you!

Lean said...

i love it the cage and birdy so sweet.
byebye,Lean

Ira said...

Oh I love your tag Steph! That blue is to die for! Hugs, Ira

Stella said...

Steph it's time to open a gallery; this is another piece of art. I love the colors and that birdcage is stunning!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Terry said...

Love that you used the birdcage! Beautiful tag!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a beautiful tag Steph! Love the color combo and that bird cage is amazing!

Ros said...

Fabulous Steph!!! lovely combination of colours and I love this birdcage ... I have this die stoo

~amy~ said...

Sooooooo pretty! I JUST read all 3 tag posts....Whatta way to spend the morning! Love your tag!'

Ann said...

Wowza, this is FAB! Love the colors!

Lori said...

Wonderful tag, and great interpretation of Tim's! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Rose said...

Love your 12 days of Christmas tag series, Steph. Can't wait to see the rest of the tags you come up with! This bird cage one is super fabbie!

Hugs,
Rose