Friday, December 10, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #10 *~


Hi Everyone!


Today was all about re-using. I re-used one of the plastic packaging from my TH Typecharms to make the clear dry embossed overlay for the tag. I die-cut the plastic with Tim's tag & bookplate die and also used one of his Texture Fades to make the swirly-whirly pattern (oh, his snowflurries Texture Fade is so pretty...ahh, another thing on my wishlist, hee hee).

I started off with a #8 tag and I used metallic pearl white acrylic paint on the edges. I then masked the snowman in since I did not have the snowman die. I used tumbled glass, broken china, and stormy sky. I stamped a SU! snowflake stamp with stormy sky in the background and added a Hero Arts sentiment stamp. I removed the mask then added the metallic pearl white acrylic paint on the snowman except for his arms, carrot nose, and hat. I then used a q-tip to add color to his carrot nose (wild honey), hat (black soot), and arms (frayed burlap). Mr. Snowman has a red tinsel scarf. The bottom has some Maya Road rose trim (one of my faves)...it reminded me of snow. I had flatened it so the tulle-ish part was revealed (if you zoom in you can see it).

I attached my plastic tag overlay onto my tag with my Tiny Attacher. I added some burlapy trim and peppermint baker's twine (I love this stuff, hehe)!!!

Sorry for the pix...it was a little hard to take a photo of ;p'.

I'm entering this tag in:
It's Christmas Time! by Jennie

Thanks for stopping by! Hip Hip Hooray it's the weekend!!! Have a wonderful one :)!!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

8 comments:

Friday said...

pretty cool, steph. I love that swirl embossing folder. Great job. TFS!!

Ros said...

I'm running out of things to say ... this is another creative beauty

Linda Robinson said...

Your tag looks amazing..That plastic gives it such a unique look.. Very creative..

Lean said...

yesyes weekend it is..lovely tag again Steph.
byebye,Lean

Amy said...

So cute, love the swirly embossed clear plastic over the snowman and his tinsel scarf is so cool! Awesome job combining textures!

Kristina said...

I love this tag Steph, really neat with that overlay!! Thanks for sharing, have a great day.

Stella said...

Steph you should start your own 12 tags of Christmas next year.... what more can I say??Well..... GORGEOUS, FABULOUS, and so onand so on; you know what I mean..... Lovely to look at and thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Stella

Audrey Pettit said...

Love the overlay! How cool this is, Steph!