Saturday, December 11, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #11 *~


Hi Everyone!

Happy Saturday!

I had a fun-filled day today :)! I didn't get any Christmas shopping done, but just had a fun and relaxing time. Yay!

There are two more days left for Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas. Thanks for sticking with me and my challenge for myself to finish all 12 tags. So, here's my tag for Day #11.

For today's tag, I started off with some of Tim's Lost and Found papers. This was one of the dictionary prints. I used the tag and bookplates die to cut out the tag. I wet embossed the snowflake stamp in clear along the left side of the tag. I inked up the tag with broken china, tumbled glass, stormy sky, and milled lavender. I also edged it with walnut stain.

The tree is a grunge paper diecut that I cut using a Sizzix die. This time I only cut up until the tiny trunk (didn't cut the planter/pot). I wet embossed the tree with metallic green. I left a few areas not embossed including the tiny trunk. I inked it up those areas with frayed burlap. Added some metallic pearl white paint for snow and also inked up the edges with walnut stain. I tied a bit of burlap string on the trunk. I like the stuff that Tim used.

I stamped the sentiment from Tim's Odds and Ends stamp set. I inked up the edges and then adhered it to the inside of the bookplate. I added some metallic pearl white paint onto the bookplate to tone it down.

I'm entering this tag in: It's Christmas Time! by Jennie

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

10 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun tag Steph! Love the background and that shimmery tree!

Jennie said...

Great tag and just one more to go :(( thanks for entering it into the challenge
Jennie

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so cool Steph, I love the stenciling background! Thanks for sharing and wish you a fun-filled weekend!

Ros said...

Love the text ...and that frame and sentiment make this a real keepsake ... great work Steph

Friday said...

another great tag, Steph. I just love that tree die you used. Have a great Weekend. TFS!! Hugs...

Lean said...

Cool again only one to go..hohohohoho
byebye,lean

Stella said...

Steph before I write 12 days in a row the same comment; my apologies for writing these boring comments...always the same..... and I can;t help it.
I LOVE this tag. You did it again! ( knocked me off my socks!)
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, great one, Steph! I love the color palette and nature theme to this one. The text background with the embossed snowflakes is awesome, and I adore the embossed tree, too.

Cindy Lee said...

Cool technique!! I've been wanting to try this technique and now I just wish I have the time.

Minxy said...

Just delightful, thanks for playing along with the Artistic Stampers team blog christmas challenge x