Sunday, December 12, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #12 *~


Happy Sunday, Everyone!

Today is the last day of Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas, it is Day #12. If you haven't stopped by Tim's blog, do so...he has some fabulous tags and techniques today and he also shows us his "base tray." It's pretty neat if you like Sizzix Movers and Shapers. I need to buy some of his movers and shapers ;p'.

My tag base is made from Tim's seasonal stack. I cut it out the paper to fit my #8 tag. I distressed the edges and then added walnut stain.

I used the rock candy distress crackle paint technique he used to create his "ornament," but I used a stain to color up the grunge paper first (he used grunge board). I used a Sizzix ornament die. It came with the heart. I adhered the ornament to the tag and added gold Stickles in the two holes of the ornment and then glossy accents over it. I added some tissue tape that looks like a banner (similar to tag #6) and then added "L O V E" from Tim's vintage market alpha die. I added a little bit of Stickles and some black soot ink to the letters.

The December calendar is from his Lost and Found paper pad. I distressed the edges and added walnut stain. I adhered the heart on top of it and rubbed a little bit of Stickles on the edges. I added a vintage image above the calendar that I distressed with antique linen.

The green trim is Webster's Pages. I added it to the top of the ornament and at the bottom of the tag. Added some rose buds that I had dipped into UTEE.

I added two poms from the top with a mini safety pini and then added some peppermint baker's twine.

I'm entering this tag in: It's Christmas Time! by Jennie

Thanks for your sweet comments! I made it!! Woot woot! Do you have a favorite tag?
I also made some little gifts for some friends at the office last nite. I hope to share them with you soon.
Thanks for stopping by and hope you're having a lovely Sunday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

15 comments:

Linda Robinson said...

This looks fabulous.. I did hop over to Tims blog today and checked out all the tags. Looks like a lot of fun!

I just looked back at all your tags and you are so talented.. They all look great. But my favorite is week #6.. it was so beautiful.

~Linda

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so beautiful Steph, I love that tiny calendar with the heart, so sweet!

BabyBokChoy said...

You are so so so so so good at these tags!!!! Seriously beautiful stuff!

Lori said...

All 12 tags are wonderful! Great techniques that turned out so pretty!

Ira said...

Wow Steph, you did an absolutely amazing job on all of your tags! Love this one, too, the shape really reminds me of a deer! Love the calendar, too! Hugs, Ira

cbuswell said...

great job on the tag, love your version!

Friday said...

Awesome tag, Steph. It's sad that its over but I can't wait for next year. Have a great day. Hugs, Friday

Lean said...

Lovely again and you make them all good work..
byebey,Lean

Amy said...

Awesome fun tag Steph, the red ornament is so festive with the silver and gold glittery around it!
All your tags are gorgeous, so there is no way I could pick a favorite! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable tag, Steph! I just LOVE the pom pom at the top with the Baker's twine, and love the red heart on the calendar, too. You did such a great job on these 12 tags! How very, very fun!

Terry said...

Totally amazing tag! Love all the clever embellishments! Beautiful job on all 12!!

~amy~ said...

awesome work...congrats on making it through..I hope to join in the fun next year...although I seem to be failing miserably on my December Daily...

Stella said...

I love the happy and bright look of this tag. It;s just as stunning as the previous 11 !!!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Minxy said...

WOW an awesome take on day 12s tag, thanks for playing along with the Artistic Stampers team blog christmas challenge x

Ros said...

What a fabulous tag!! so much work!