Thursday, December 2, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #2 *~


Hi Everyone!

I got home late so I had to whip this up really quickly...and I had to do a lot of improvising. Let's just say, cut n' dry felt is definitely on my wishlist now, haha.

Here's Day #2 of Tim Holtz' 12 Tags of Christmas, Sweet Craf-tea Chick's style ;p'.

~Since I did not have the cut n' dry felt, I had to revert to the old color your stamp with pens so your image can have more than one color (I used Stampin' Up! pens in Real Red and Old Olive.) I wet embossed it with clear embossing powder. The birdie is from Tim's Artful Flight collection.

~I did distress my tag with stormy sky and Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip (I don't have weathered wood...yet ;p'.). I finished the edges with walnut stain.

~I stamped a music note stamp by Prima with pumice stone. I think I put too much ink. hehe.

~I inked up a dollar stamp from Michael's with SU! Real Red and then aged mahogany.

~I used the flourish stamp from the same Tim Holtz collection with frayed burlap. It also had a speckled part of the design which I added as well.

~I stained my seam binding with Tattered Angels Olive Vine and Smooch Spritz Cherry Ice. I added a pearl button.

~I added enamel accents in black on the stamp sentiment.

I guess I'm entering this puppy into the Simon Says Stamp and Show...A Tag!! too. Also playing in...It's Christmas Time! by Jennie.

Thanks for stopping by! Happy Aloha Friday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

5 comments:

Lean said...

wauw cool tag Steph i like the colors ...lovely work.
have a nice weekend byebye,lean

Ros said...

Ooooh! so pretty again ... have a great day

Friday said...

Great job, Steph. It looks just like tims tag. Love it. TFS!!

Audrey Pettit said...

So fun! Love the music notes and love the two colors on the bird!

Stella said...

Another beauty! Tim will be jealous :) this is perfect. I love your take on his 12 tags and can't wait to see the others. I know already they will be stunning :)
Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
Hugs,
Stella