Friday, December 3, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #3 *~


Hi Everyone!

It's still Friday over here...another busy busy day!

I am sharing with you my Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #3. I have to say that this is my fave tag of mine so far. I loved using the cranberry and bundled sage together.

I love all the techniques that Tim shared with us today. I still had to do some improvising because I didn't have many of the items.

~I used Tim Holtz Tissue Tape Marketplace to cover the birdie. I then used alcohol ink in cranberry and added regular Stickles in Crystal.

~For my branch, I used one of Tim's birdie/branch stamp minus the birdie. I stamped it and then a little portion of it again to make it more full. I inked up with bundled sage only. I'm loving that color. I added more on the edges to give it some depth. Used walnut stain on the edges as Tim did.

~I used the water drop technique, but I think I dropped much bigger drops than was prescribed. It's okay cause I really love how it looks. Pretty neat! Then I distressed the edges. I stamped Tim's script stamp all over the back in bundled sage.

~I used the same sticker Tim used and followed his techniques except I used grunge paper since I don't have grunge board.

~I used the same stamp as yesterday to create the speckled look. It's more like a vine with flowers and speckles at the end. I loved stamping with paint. I just used regular acrylic paint in antique white and I just applied with my fingers.

~I added Making Memories trims on the bottom. Loove how they matched my birdie and tag. I used a memo pin (similar to Tim's) from my friend, Tracy. I created a tissue tape flower and added a fancy button. I added some crepe paper I scrunched in the back which I inked up in vintage photo.

~Under Mr. Birdie's feet, I put some tinsel that I added Stickles in frosted lace. Oo, looks sort of like a nest?

~Last added some Making Memories trims at the top.

Playing in...It's Christmas Time! by Jennie.

Thanks for stopping by! Have awonderful weekend!!!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

10 comments:

Ira said...

Your speckled tag is totally wonderful Steph! Love the colours you used! Have a great weekend, hugs, Ira

Friday said...

Another great tag, Steph. You are doing extremely well making his tags. TFS!! Hugs...

Ros said...

oooh this is lovely ... gorgeous!

Lean said...

wauw this one is looking so beautiful love it.
byebye,Lean

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous tag Steph! Beautiful colors and the perfect shimmer!

Lori said...

Just gorgeous! I want to thank you for sharing your talent. I have a blog award waiting for you...just visit to pick it up!

Terry said...

Love your #3 tag! Beautiful and the tinsel is so festive! I hope to have time to play!

Audrey Pettit said...

I love this one, too, Steph! Gorgeous colors and bird, and I adore how that water drop technique looks.

cabio's craft corner said...

All the elements on this tag are so perfect and they go so well together :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Stella said...

Steph this is another beauty; I love the birdie. Your tags are stunning....this is art.
Thanls for sharing; have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella