Sunday, December 5, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #5 *~


Happy Sunday!

Here's my tag inspired by Tim's Day #5 "12 Tags of Christmas" Tag. I did a lot of improvising...I used some pretty blues/purples in this one.

~I applied acrylic paint in antique white around the edges of my tag before adding distress inks. I think I may have waited too long because all the ink didn't quite come off, but you can see the edge. I used stormy sky and milled lavender.

~I used Stampin Up! stamps as well as Tim's script stamp. I added Distress Stickles in broken china on the gal's skirt. I added the paint over their sweaters and hats.

~I used regular Stickles in frosted lace on the snowflakes.

~The poinsettias are Primas. I used Tim's technique in adding paint then UTEE to a metal embellishment. I picked up the flower copper piece from my Michaels visit back in October. I used metallic pearl white paint and clear UTEE. I'm not sure if the paint daubers are more heat resistant than my regular acrylic paint, but it seemed to bubble up and disappear. I added the baby Prima rose and this fabric lavender flower I dipped in UTEE. I also added the pearl flower from a Prima pearl flourish. The cute felt flower is from my friend Tracy, along with the pretty trim on the bottom. I added some fuzzy fiber from my friend Marie. thanks girls!
Playing in...It's Christmas Time! by Jennie.
I must say that I'm super behind on my Christmas presents and things...aiyah! I hope to make some gifts today!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful Sunday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

8 comments:

Friday said...

Wow, Steph, I'm going to call you Tim #2.. lol. I love this tag. I have always loved that stamp set from SU. TFS... Hugs.

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful! I love the bit of lace trim at the bottom too. :)

Stella said...

This is breathtaking; from all your tags this is my numder one :)....Wow!
Tim will be jealous :)
Hugs,
Stella

Ros said...

Fabulous Steph .... anything with the words Postcard does it for me but this is gorgeous ... love the colours ...

Lean said...

wauw this is a beauty love the stamp and cool colors.
byebye,Lean

Cindy Lee said...

I love all of your tags, Steph!! They are really gorgeous!

Ira said...

WOWY! What a GORGEOUS tag this is Steph! I fully agree with Ros, LOL! Love the skating couple! Hugs, Ira

BabyBokChoy said...

Awesome tag, wonderful that you are keeping up!!