Tuesday, December 7, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #7 *~


Hi Everyone!

Here's my Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #7.

Today, Tim had a cool technique to create a poinsettia from his Tattered Florals die. I used Smooch Spritz in Cherry Ice and Emerald Sprinkle to color up the Sticky Back Canvas instead of the Perfect Pearls Mists. I hand cut the leaves since I did not have the Tattered leaves die. The edges of the petals were inked up with aged mahogany and the edges of the leaves were inked up with bundled sage. I don't have Rock Candy Stickles so I just added some regular Stickles in frosted lace. The center is one of my fave pearl buttons.

I dry embossed the tag with a Cuttlebug music notes embossing folder. I inked it up with brushed sage. The edges were distressed and I inked them with walnut stain.

I should have cut smaller leaves, but that's okay. I added some Prima poinsettias and pearls in the center. I used some Thickers that I stamped with Staz-On and Tim's script stamp.

I added Webster's Pages trim at the top and attached the Type Charm like the one Tim created. I looove Type Charms, hehe.

I'm entering this tag in:
It's Christmas Time! by Jennie

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great Wednesday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey Steph, you're doing a wonderful job on all your Christmas tags!!! Don't you just love TH's ideas and products?

Friday said...

Wow, unbelieveable tag, Steph. Ms Tim... lol. TFS!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So beautiful and so festive, love it Steph! Thanks for sharing!

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty!!! LOVE the bloom!

Lean said...

beautiful tag cool work to.
byebye,lean

Audrey Pettit said...

How fun and fabulous, my friend! LOVE the poinsettia and the fabric leaves. Loving the charm at the top, too.

Ira said...

Gorgeous poinsettia Steph! You're having so much fun in making these great tags! Hugs, Ira

june lanum said...

this tag is teriffic, I love tags and you always do such pretty ones. I love the Tim Holtz colors but am not to good at mixing the mediums

Kristina said...

What a pretty tag, love the JOY and the charm!

Stella said...

Steph you did it again. My oh my girl; another breathtaking tag...I love it! And you're doing great; every day another tag; WOW! I'm impressed and a huge fan of your creations!!! :)

Hpoe you are recovered and feeling better; Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Lori said...

So pretty! Love that poinsettia!

Terry said...

Love your take on Tim's tag! Lovely flowers and really cool what you did with "joy." Can't wait to see your next tag!!!

Linda Cain said...

Great job, aren't these tags just too much fun!

LG said...

very festive! I like!