Wednesday, December 8, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #8 *~


Hi Everyone!

Here's my tag for Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #8. Today's tag used some cool masking techniques. Let's just say that it just confirmed that I'm not the best at masking, hehe. I don't know how one keeps those masks nice and tidy because mine looks pretty yucky now. I think I'm not patient with sticky things that need to be removed with care. My poor masks...hehe...;p'

Anyhoo, I used some of my new fave Distress inks - milled lavender and stormy sky. I had a hard time stamping over the image. I used my SU! stamp set again and one of Tim's stamp sets. I also used Tim's flourish (a different one than he used) on the outside portion of the tag. I added Stickles in frosted lace on those (love that one!). I distressed the edges with walnut stain as Tim did.

I didn't have the rest of the materials...so I just opted to add a Making Memories trim and some Making Memories poinsettia and leaves and a pearl center (I added Stickles on it).

I'm entering this tag in:

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Thursday!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

12 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Another beauty!!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful tag Steph! That lavender Poinsettia looks fab!

LG said...

WOW!!! You are amazing with this!

Stella said...

Steph it sounds boring because Í write the same as yesterday :). This is stunning; my oh my girl you're so talented!!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

NickelNook said...

What a pretty tag Steph! :o)

Friday said...

Great job, Steph!! Love it. TFS!!

june lanum said...

this just might be my favorite, they are all beautiful

Ros said...

You are so good at this technique ... I take my hat off to your talent

Lean said...

wauw a womderful tag again Steph your almost there,,,
byebye,Lean

~amy~ said...

ooohhh...lovely tag!

jazsutra said...

WOW WOW WOW Steph you amaze us with this card! loving the cool masking technique!!!

and thx for leaving so much love at my blog! always appreciate them for they always make me smile.thank you.

love,jaz

Audrey Pettit said...

Very, very cool masking!