Thursday, December 9, 2010

~* Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - Day #9 *~


Hi Everyone!

Ohmy, I love Tim's tag today for Day #9! I don't know, it may be my most fave. Love the vintagey goodness!

For the tag, I used a Prima music note stamp. I then used wild honey and frayed burlap along with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold (there are splotches of glimmer using Tim's technique today). I distressed the edges and added walnut stain. I didn't have the long fasteners so I skipped that embellishment.

I don't have his rosette die so I created my own rosette just by bending a piece of paper every 1/4 inch. I used an edge punch that I won at CCCB from Cheryl (Thanks CCCB and Cheryl!). I distressed the edges of the rosette with walnut stain. I used the tinsel around the outer edge of the rosette as Tim did. I made a sort-of-rosette with crepe paper and I edged it with gold Stickles.

I didn't want to make my tag all brown-y...so I added a little bit of glittery color by adding the Thickers spelling out "love" and "peace". I inked the peace to be a light blue with my fave SU! baja breeze. I added glossy accents over the Thickers. I wrote in "and harmony." I used an angel button and two gold snowflake buttons. I tied some 7gypsies seam binding at the top that I had crinkled. Added a little pearl charm I made using goodies from Rina.

I'm entering this tag in:
It's Christmas Time! by Jennie


I hope for peace on earth too. Thanks for stopping by! I wish you a fabulous Aloha Friday my sweet friends :)!

*hugs* and Much aloha~!

12 comments:

Lean said...

wauw again a beauty i love the colors on this one and the musicnotes and sweet tiny details.
byebye,Lean

Genevieve Rodriguez said...

Ditto! It's TOTALLY my all-time favorite tag.

Stella said...

Another stunning tag; Steph you're amazing. I love those rosettes and the pin with the blue pearl is to die for!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Friday said...

Hey Ms Tim holtz. LOL... I love the blue word it adds a bit of color that is perfect. Love it. TFS!! Hugs, Friday

~amy~ said...

Love love love this one!!!!!!!

Lori said...

I've so enjoyed your tags. Each one is beautiful and unique!

Ros said...

Yowsers this is fabulous!! love it Steph!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So pretty Steph, I love the vintage music script and embellie! Have a great Friday!

Ira said...

And another great tag! Your background is fab and so are the beautiful words, I love text! Have a great weekend dear friend, hugs, Ira x

Amy said...

Wow, just when I think they can't get any more gorgeous you create it! Love the sheet music paper you made and that rosette is stunning!
Have a wonderful weekend Steph! :)

Viola Mahr said...

beautiful, shabby tag ... the colors are gorgeous :) Thank you for sharing!

hugs,
Vio

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, I love it, too! Beautiful music paper background....beautiful medallion! Such vintage goodness!