Saturday, January 1, 2011

~* jingle belles ~ something old, something new! *~


Happy New Year, everyone!!!

Here's a card I made for the jingle belles challenge: something old, something new. Lauren and Stef are genius to create this challenge cause it will help a lot of us start making our Christmas cards now so we won't be all stressed out later. Thanks girls :)!

I used three different Graphic 45 papers from the Christmas Past Deluxe Edition to create this 5x5 card. I fussy-cut the middle image, which is popped up on dimension tape. All the edges were inked up. I added Frosted Lace Stickles on the four decorate "snowflake" shapes I saw in the papers and added a halfback pearl in the centers. The photo seems to only favor one of the shapes. I also added the Stickles around the diamond piece in the center. The crinkled seam binding is from Pixie Dust Paperie. I made a stickpin and added a velvet rose (thanks Rina). I used burlap twine (thanks Sam) to create a diamond shape on the big DP as well.

So my something old could be...Graphic 45 papers have the vintage feel...and the something new could be...I used my Frosted Lace Stickles, which I just got new refills yesterday :).

Here's a Christmas card from my sweet friend, Ira! Thanks so much, love the stamping and the embossing. Aren't the postage stamps too cute?!? Thanks again, Ira!


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're having an awesome 1-1-11 :)!!!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!

27 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the repeating diamond shaped elements in your design ... and what a gorgeous rose & stick pin ... thanks so much for joining the Jingle Belle fun with us in 2011.

Cindy Lee said...

Both are so lovely, Steph!! Happy New Year to you!

Viola Mahr said...

ooops, my last comment was meant for this post :) but all the cards are beautiful anyway ;)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Happy New Year Steph! Hope you had a great time ringing in 2011 in paradise :) Your card is beautiful and such a sweet friend to send you a lovely card :)

Lean said...

you made a lovely card and get a cool one of Ira to...and yes we had cool stamps this year overhere..
byebye,lean

yumiko said...

Steph,Happy New Year!!!
These cards are so beautiful!!!

Ira said...

What a great way to start the new year, making Christmas cards!! Yours is totally pretty! Yes, you're so right, gives you a little more time at the end of the year, lol! Happy New Year to you, hope you had a wonderful evening!! And I'm glad you liked your card :-) Hugs, Ira

Linda R. said...

Sooo pretty. I just love the DP you used, But then again I just love anything that is Graphic 45. Hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs, Linda

Ros said...

Great card ... I'm going to try and follow this challenge too ... love the card from Ira ... *hugs*

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely christmas card Steph, I just made mine today and will post it later, isn't that a great idea to get Christmas 2011 going in January!

lauren bergold said...

oh miss steph, i'm so pleased you're going to jingle with us this year!!! doesn't it feel unbelievably virtuous and organized to be starting xmas cards *NOW*?!???! :)

speaking of which: i LOVE what you've done with the prompt: those graphic 45 papers TOTALLY have a vintage feel, and i love the way you've used them in this lovely card!!! very cool indeed!

Lorraine said...

That is a great combination of old and new. What a great start to your Christmas card stash for 2011.

Marianne@RuffHaven said...

I love how you used the ribbon in your jingle belle card.Very pretty. One down and 47 to go!

Rose said...

Happy New Year, Steph! Love both your card and Ira's! Have a fantastic week!

Stella said...

Another card with Graphic 45 papers and you created a gorgeous card with it. I love this traditional red Christmas color and your centerpiece is gorgeous. And the way how that red rose just pops off the card! Beautiful!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Rosemary said...

I love your Jingle Belles card, it does have that beautiful Graphic 45 flair but it is how you put it together that just makes it sing!

Really cool!

Heather Jensen said...

This is so pretty. You asked about the BBB challenge at Flourishes. The Linky tool is there just in a bad spot. You need to look right above the winners project. :)

Lisa - papergrace said...

I love vintage and the Graphic 45 is right up my alley! This is a super beautiful card. So elegant & lovely. The centerpiece is just perfect.

Dawn said...

GORGEOUSNESS!! I love the colors and flowers!!

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty....I love what you've done with the G45 goodness!!! Looking forward to all the JB challenges...I'm going to need them:)

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year Steph! Your card is so pretty and love how you popped up the middle! It's great how you are starting your X-mas cards early for this year.

Kristina said...

Really pretty Steph! Happy New Year!!

Jeanne said...

Oh I love them both!!

Berenice R. said...

Gorgeous cards! Thanks for sharing :)

Hazel said...

This is a lovely card. I'm glad to see another Christmas challenge blog beginning. I too have started Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge blog - please feel free to add your card if you'd like to - challenge 1 is open until 22:00 UK time Friday 7 January. x

Jana said...

Very pretty and elegant card. I love the extra little touches of bling you have here.

Audrey Pettit said...

How beautiful this is!! I love that Graphic 45 paper and just love your design. The diamond in the center is so eye catching and I just love the touches of glitter you added.
I'm so glad to be getting caught up on your blog posts. I've been missing so many beauties!