Thursday, January 27, 2011

~* Moxie Fab World Challenge: The Appearance of Cameos *~


Hi Everyone!

When I saw this challenge at Moxie Fab World, I really wanted to play! I {heart} cameos! They are beautiful vintagey pieces of goodness :)!

So, here's my card for The Appearance of Cameos Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. Come play along with me :)!

I finally broke into my Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 stack. I fussy cut the yellow piece from one of the DPs that had the same design as the black background DP. I used a Pink Paislee Artisan Element that I inked up. I also inked the edges of all the DPs. I added some Prima pearl bling. I used some yummy black seam binding, tied a bow...added a pearl charm from a charm necklace I took apart and hung with a gold baby safety pin. There are two cameos in my card (see the baby one on the seam binding?). They are amazingly plastic!
Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a Happy Happy Friday and weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

18 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, Steph, this is one BEAUTY, love the cameo and the DP, very elegant! Thanks for sharing my friend!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Pretty card Steph! So rich and elegant looking! Love the ornate PP frame and all the sweet embellies :)

Lean said...

wauw this is a lovely card Steph your right to use your cosmo cricket its perfect for it!
byebye<lean

Audrey Pettit said...

This is so charming and elegant, Steph! I just love that Cosmo paper. I've been playing with it myself quite a bit this week. I love the patterns and colors to it, and love your yellow and black together here. Lovely black seam binding, and love your two different cameos. I've got a few cameos myself.......maybe I should go play, too. :)

Ros said...

This is a beautiful card ... full of little trinkets and so elegant ... great job Steph ... have a wonderful weekend

Friday said...

Beautiful Card, Steph... I love cameos too. TFS...

~amy~ said...

gorgeous..I love the cameos!!!! happy friday!!!

Juls said...

this is so gorgeous and stylish! Hugs Juls

Linda R. said...

What a beautiful card.. So elegant.. Hope you have a happy Day!! Hugs, Linda

Kristina said...

Very very pretty Steph, me likey A LOT!!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Ira said...

Yes, yes! I love cameo's, too!! Yours are so pretty! That golden one is very special, you don't see them like that very often! Your card is sheer elegance Steph and would fit the mantelpiece of a drawing room perfectly! Hugs, have a great weekend, Ira

Stella said...

That cameo on your seam binding is lovely. Maybe it's plastic but that doesn;'t matter; it's gorgeous. Just like the other one....I would never come up with a combo of black and yellow but it's stunning. Lovely Steph; as usual:)
Hugs,
Stella

Denise said...

This is Stunning! I love the "vintage" look.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Denise

Terry said...

This is beautiful as always! Love this card and the cameos are striking! Have a fabulous weekend!

Ujjwal said...

Thia is beautiful!!

Kelly Massman said...

Love the pop of yellow! Came over from Moxie Fab!

Cath said...

Hey Steph! Thanks for entering the Appearance of Cameos challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Christine said...

I know this is an older project, but we are doing a feature on projects with cameos on Tuesday. I would love it if you would submit it for that! practicalscrapperscards@gmail.com