Wednesday, January 26, 2011

~* You Are Sew Fabulous! (CCCB ~ Week 41 Sew Fun!) *~


Hi Sweet Friends!

Yes, you are sew fabulous! Thank you for always brightening my day!

This week at City Crafter Challenge Blog, the wonderfully talented Linda is hosting - Week 41 Sew Fun! What a fun challenge indeed! I wish I knew how to sew...took a couple days of lessons...maybe one day, I'll go take more classes! I really want to incorporate sewing into my projects...

Oops, I digressed. Here is my card for this week's challenge. I used Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess and Times Nouveau collections. I inked up the edges. I distressed the edges of the image with my fingernail ;p'. The lace is from Hero Arts. Added some baker's twine at the top with a cute scissors charm from my friend Lisa. I also added a Maya Road sewing machine chipboard that I added black enamel accents to. There is some black rhinestone flourishes also from my friend Lisa, some paper flowers including baby Prima roses, and two baby spools that I added baker's twine to.

I had a lot of fun creating this card. Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!

Have a wonderful Thursday! Almost Friday, hehe ;p'.
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

16 comments:

Ros said...

Uh! Just fell off my chair!!**!! This is one AMAZING card ... love all the elements and the way you painted that little sewing machine!!!The image is fantastic!! Brilliant piece of work Steph ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

NickelNook said...

This is a beautiful card Steph! I always love anything with a sewing theme! This one is really great! Hope you have a happy day!...Nancy :o)

june lanum said...

this is so clever and unique, love it

Lean said...

This is a lovely card you made steph one of a kind.
byebye,lean

Linda R. said...

I am luv'n this card.. It is put together perfectly. That image is perfect for this challenge.. Thanks so much for playing along with us..

Hugs, Linda

LVF said...

amazing...

Ira said...

The image you used is gorgeous to start with and then you added so many beautiful details! I fell in love with that little black sewing machine, it's soooo cute!! And that pair of scissors, too! TFS, hugs, Ira

Audrey Pettit said...

This is sew adorable, Steph! I love the CCCB challenge this week, and love your take on it. That Graphic 45 paper is just perfect, and I adore your little sewing embellies. the scissors, the sewing machine, the spools........all fabulous. Love your design here, too, with all the great detailing. Love the jaunty angle on your focal piece.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow.... this is absolutely SEW FUN!! Love the images and all the sewing elements, just LOVE it!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, so good to see you here!

Terry said...

What a perfect card for that challenge! Love this and the sewing machine was a brilliant touch!

~amy~ said...

LOVE it...

Stamping Cafe said...

Aw... what a gorgeous vintage card, Steph! Love love love it!!

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the little sissors and all the bling! Hugs Juls

Stella said...

You're sew lovely :)and this take on the challenge is stunning! I love love love that little sewing machine.....
Hugs,
Stella

Tracy said...

Well girlie I think you bagged the challenge this week at CCCB. :-) This is an AWESOME card! Every element from the papers to the embellishments is absolutely perfect on this card. You go girl!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So fun and fabulous! LOVE it! Thank you so much for playing along with CCCB!