Wednesday, February 2, 2011

~* Love *~


Hi Everyone!

You'll probably be reading this on Thursday...so, I'll wish you a Happy New Year (Kung Hee Fat Choy)! Hope the Year of the Rabbit is filled with good health, happiness, and prosperity.


I started this card the other day, but had some trouble :/. I was inspired by Linda to use yellow in my card :). I don't usually work with yellow so it was fun to play. I fussy-cut the image out after adding white enamel to the swirly-whirly flourishes. Yup, all that white is white enamel accents (yikes!). I added Crackle Accents to the flower images and Glossy Accents to the word "love." I layered on Prima roses, baby roses, glittery rose from a Prima flourish, as well as a Prima butterfly and pearl flourish. The beautiful lace is Melissa Frances (it even smelled good, hehe). I added some pearls in the upper right corner and layered some vintagey buttons that I added some pink burlap twine to. The background DP has some antique white paint added to it as well as some inks. I inked the edges of both DPs. I also added some Stickles to the large rose and the butterfly's body.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

20 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Steph! Those flowers look fabulous!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Steph, you know how much I love girly stuff, like roses, soft colors, lace, pearls etc. And you have everything here to WOW me, thanks for sharing!
And thanks for your new year wishes too! : )
oops, thanks for playing along with CCCB!

Audrey Pettit said...

Very, very pretty, Steph! Love the design here. And what great detailing you've added. The white enamel and the crackle accents really add a nice touch, and I adore the layered flowers and the lace. :)

Ros said...

Aloha! Steph this is a beautiful entry ... love your style, your versatility and your creations ... thanks for playing along again at CCCB

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card...love the colors and all your details!

Linda R. said...

This is such a beautiful card. Those colors are fabulous. And I love all those flowers. Thanks so much for the kind words. They made me smile..

Thanks for joining us over at CCCB!
Hugs, Linda

Lean said...

its a beautiful card you made Steph lovely colors to.
byebye,lean

LVF said...

beautiful : )

Ira said...

What a sweet card full of love this is Steph! Great colours and that big rose is superb! I'm still trying to figure out something nice for Valentine's day... Hope I'll get some inspiration soon, LOL! Hugs, Ira

Kristina said...

Very pretty Steph, it turned out fabulous!

Stella said...

Steph this is gorgeous; Your flowers and butterfly are to die for!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

Lori said...

The colors are beautiful together! Love the enamel and crackle...just wonderful!

Tracy said...

I'm not a yellow person either but Lindas card was sooo pretty and so is yours Steph. :-) Love that big pink fower and the cute little butterfly. Hugs!

teacher jessy said...

Happy new year to u too! I love ur sweet looking card :) so pretty!

Amy said...

Beautiful card, I love the look of the swirlies with the enamel on them, well worth the time and effort! Gorgeous colors and another fabulous work of art by Steph! :)
Happy New Year to you too!

Juls said...

what a beautiful collage!!!! I love the stamped and embossed swirl and all the gorgeous detail you have layered over it! Hugs Juls

june lanum said...

beautiful card, love the d-p

Cindy Lee said...

Kung Hee Fatt Choy to you too, Steph!! Your card is so pretty and I so love the Prima butterfly. Too bad it was sold out here.

Cheryl Nelson said...

Beautiful! Such GORGEOUS colors!
Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooh! this is just SO MUCH FUN! fabulous fussy cutting...and well worth the effort to be able to layer so many wonderful images together! loving that butterfly, especially! ♥