Thursday, February 24, 2011

~* peace be with you...my friend *~


Hi Everyone!

Yahoooooo! Tomorrow is Friday! Woot Woot! So very happy! Did you hear we had an earthquake over here?? Luckily I didn't feel it cause I think I would freak out!
Here's a card I made for a friend who is going through a rough time. My heart aches when someone I care about hurts. Hope this will help them feel a little better...

I used the fab sketch from Get Sketchy #75:

I used one of my fave Flourishes stamp sets. The lotus flower is just so pretty. I colored the flower and the lily pad up with my Copics. The sentiment is also from the same collection. I edged the circle with some fab lace trim I received from my friend Tracy. I added a button with string bow.

Look what came in the mail the other day! Some sweets from my dear friend, Tracy :). Thank you again Tracy for thinking of me.


Thank you for stopping by and I wish you a lovely Friday and weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

19 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a beautiful card Steph, I love the shape and the pretty image!

Lean said...

Your so great with your topics lovely card you made love the lace to.
And some sweet sweets you get from Tracy...
byebye and a happy weekend ,Lean

Juls said...

just so elegant!! Love the lace detail! Hugs Juls

Friday said...

Beautiful card, Steph. Love it. TFS.. Have a fabulous weekend. Hugs...

~amy~ said...

wow...didn't hear about the earthquake...glad that you're okay!

Your friend is going to love your beautiful card!

Nice RAK...fun stuff!!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Ira said...

Lovely card again Steph, that lace brim is gorgeous! How sweet of Tracy to send you those lovely goodies, enjoy them! I'm glad you didn't feel the earthquake, I haven't heard there was one... Take care, have a great weekend, hugs, Ira

Ros said...

Beautiful Steph ... the card and that you created something special for your friend ... and your gifts look lovely ... I'm am so happy for you ... have a wonderful weekend (hugs)

Samantha Sibbet said...

Hi Steph, another lovely card, I really love the sentiment on this one and the coloring that you did. We are planning out first trip to Hawaii!! Very vey excited!!!

Samantha Sibbet said...

I wanted to add that I love the new look on your blog, looks fabulous!

Amy said...

Beautiful card Steph, I'm sure it will make your friend feel a bit better, just knowing someone cares enough to make and send a card is a good feeling.
Hope you have a great weekend!

Terry said...

I am sure this stunning and sweet card will cheer your friend up. How wonderful that she has such a thoughtful friend! I do the Happy Dance on Friday's also!!! Enjoy!

Kristina said...

Very nice card and so sweet of you!! Love the lace!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Pretty card Steph! That pretty fabric lace around the image looks fab! Have a great weekend!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful card, Steph! I just love that lotus blossom. It's so elegant and so beautifully colored. Love the lace your edged the circle with, and the sentiment is very lovely. I'm sure your friend is going to truly appreciate this.
Enjoy your new goodies. Can't wait to see what you create with it. And have a wonderful weekend!

Pattie said...

Very pretty and perfect for our buttons and bows challenge! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week!

Stella said...

Steph your card is gorgeous; I love the way you colored the flower. Beautiful! Enjoy your happy mail!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Stella

Linda R. said...

This is soooooo pretty.. I just love how you added the lace around the edges.

Hugs, Linda

Lori said...

Love the lotus image and that beautiful lavendar lace encircling it! Very, very pretty!

Rose said...

What a lovely card, Steph. I'm sure your friend loved it ;)