Sunday, February 27, 2011

~* A Vintage Man Wall Hanging *~



Hi Everyone!

Wowee, what a busy weekend...and no chores done! I wish I could have another day off :p'.

Here's a wall hanging I created for Simon Says Stamp and Show some Ephemera. Graphic 45 collections are filled with gorgeous ephemera. I used the Proper Gentleman collection, fussy-cutting many images to create this wall hanging. I had a lot of fun collaging the different images. There are some vintage wood buttons that I added twine to and I also layered a couple. I added Distress Stickles in Clear Rock Candy around the little poster images. I added Crackle Accents to the pocket watch. I made a typecharm with one of the tiny pocket watches.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a lovely week!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

17 comments:

Ira said...

I'm taking a break to do some blogging now :-) And then I get to see your stunning wall hanging!! Love the details and those buttons are so pretty! Don't do any chores today, you probably don't feel like to anyway, LOL! Hugs, Ira

Linda R. said...

What a wonderful collage you have created. You can't go wrong useing graphic 45.. I really looks great!

Hugs, Linda

Kristina said...

Love the old cars and the buttons are great!!

Have a great week Steph!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I LOVE what you've done with the Graphic 45 collections here!!! What a stunning layout!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!
-Sarah

Lean said...

stunning work Steph i love your wallhanger .Great details like the buttons and crackle accents..
byebye,Lean

Gillian said...

Love all the details to your vintage wall hanging, especially the crackle effect:)

Helen said...

What a beautiful work of art!

Ros said...

Aloha!! Brilliant wll hanging ... it's not easy for a man either ... but you really got this just right ... well done Steph ...

Audrey Pettit said...

Now look at you rocking the man projects, Steph! This is fabulous. Graphic 45 has such awesome masculine images. I truly love your collage style look here. The added buttons are wonderful, too. They look vintage. Love that!

BabyBokChoy said...

This is so handsome!! are you doing the G45 dt call??? It's really fantastic!

Terry said...

This is so perfect for a guy and the SSSS challenge! I love that line! Have a wonderful week!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lots of G45, yay, great work there Steph!!!

~amy~ said...

seriously, I vote for 3 day weekends!

Love your project!

Stella said...

From ATC to wall hanging; notepads, cards, in fact eveything you make is gorgeous. Masculine projects are not easy to create but this is fabulous! Great choice of colors and iamges; I love love love these vintage buttons!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs,
Stella

sasa said...

Great job - those papers look just perfect - loving those watch faces...Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge

Sarah

Juls said...

this is fab! Love all the gorgeous elements you have put together! Hugs Juls

LynneForsythe said...

Fabooo man hanging!! love every little detail!!

thanks bunches for playin along with the teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge blog!!