Tuesday, February 15, 2011

~* Vintage Valentine Tag *~


Hi Everyone!

I know, I know...hehe, Valentine's Day passed, but I was super inspired to create this tag using one of Ellen Hutson's techniques called the Blended Batik Technique. This tag is for the February Tag Technique Challenge at the Gallery.

I used a heart flourish stamp and Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The image is from Tim Holtz' Seasonal Paper Stash. I also added a designed image onto the Type Charm just as Ellen did. I love that idea! I layered a bunch of yummy laces and trims, paper roses (one of them I colored up with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists)...I added Crackle Accents to the heart on the image. Also added some Crafty Secrets stickers and a gold heart button. The biggest rose and pink lace is from my friend Rina.

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely Wednesday!
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

15 comments:

Friday said...

Beautiful Tag, Steph. Love that image from th papers.. TFS...

Lean said...

beutiful work Steph lovely colors and a cool technique you have used.
byebye,lean

Ros said...

This is gorgeous Steph ... for some people it's Valentine's everyday ... I'm not one of those hehe!

~amy~ said...

::gorgeous::

Heather Jensen said...

This is beautiful! I love all the pretty embellishments you used. :)
Hugs~

Ira said...

Such a sweet, soft and feminine tag Steph! Everything is absolutely perfect, from the image itself to the embellies you used! Hugs, Ira

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so sweet and beautiful Steph, I love the vintage image and all the yummy details you had on it, thanks for sharing!

Stella said...

This tag is not only gorgeous for Valentine!
And you can show me beauties like this every day of the year; I love this:) Filled to the brim with gorgeous pieces. I LOVE that lace!!!!
Have awonderful day Steph!
Hugs,
Stella

LVF said...

This is so beautiful

Tracy said...

Very pretty Steph! I love the background you created. Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful! Love this, Steph! Such vintage loveliness!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, this is so totally pink and yummy! A tag after my own heart, sigh...love all your lace and ribbons and your vintage image is perfect for this tag! Awesome job on the tag challenge - so happy you joined in the fun this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

lauren bergold said...

well, if i could do THAT i'd pretty much celebrate valentine's day all year round i think!!! ♥WOW♥! in fact, that is sooooooooooo very beautiful that i think i am going to have to click the link and learn more about "blended batik" b/c results like this are just IMPOSSIBLE to argue with! thanks!!! :)

Sue C said...

Beautiful tag, the image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

Clarky J said...

This is stunning! Fabulous techniques x thanks for playing along with the Stamp Man challenge x