Friday, February 18, 2011

~* you are berry sweet! *~


Hi My Sweets!

Happy Weekend! Hope you are having a wonderful one so far! I'm am super happy that the weekend is finally here! Woot Woot!
This card was an interesting journey...I started off making sort of a tag...I wanted to play with the decorative "kawaii" strawberry tape that I bought from the Expo the other weekend. So I made a rosette and added a button center, then I added some yummy pink trim around the edge. I added parts of a square doilie here and there...some more strawberry tape, some pink lace and pom pom trim. I then decided to make it a card ;p'. I chopped off the top of the tag and added it to this cute strawberry DP. The vertical pieces are part of the doilie and the reverse side of the strawberry DP. I stamped the cute sentiment by Two Scoops Rice Designs. I added faux stitching on the pink polka dot DP. All added onto a kraft card base.

This card is for the following challenges:
3. City Crafter Challenge Blog Week #44 ~ Cute Stuff (City-Tokyo): use the colors in this kawaii image of My Melody!

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a fabulous weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

12 comments:

Lean said...

i love this and a cool sentiment love all the sweet berry details and the flower ...yummie.
have a sweet weekend byebye,Lean

Ira said...

Makes me wanna eat strawberries Steph!! Yummie card, love the trimmings and the background paper! TFS, have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Ira

Ros said...

So sweet in everyway ... what a lovely doily too ... thanks so much for joining us again this week at CCCB .. have a wonderful weekend Steph ... hugs

Terry said...

This is berry cute! Sorry, could not help myself! Sure makes me hungry for some strawberry shortcake! Happy Saturday!

Linda R. said...

Oh my goodness. I just love this.. So pink and pretty.. I just love how it evolved.. Hope you are having a great weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Linda R. said...

I got so caught up in the beauty here I forgot to say Thanks for playing along with us over at CCCB!! I alway love seeing your creations..

Hugs, Linda

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Definitely Kawaii - CUTE! Love your sweet take on this, cute pom pom and other lovely stuff, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB Steph, good to see you here!

~amy~ said...

::berry sweet::

Stella said...

So sweet and cute Steph! I love how you used that tape; so creative!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Stella

Cheryl Nelson said...

berry sweet card! love it! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Cath said...

Hey Steph! Thanks for entering the Get Daring with Decorative Tape challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Juls said...

such a yummy card!!! hugs Juls