Saturday, March 12, 2011

~* Beautiful *~






Hi Everyone!~

Just felt like relaxing a bit and creating this morning even though I have a ton of chores to do, hehe. I had a ton of fun creating this altered clipboard for Let's Get Shabby Challenge #21 'DENIM AND LACE.'

I adhered some Stampin Up! DP onto the small clipboard. I added antique white acrylic paint on the edges. Then I started embellishing like crazy, hehe. My friend from San Diego brought me some of these pretty chipboard shapes from Michaels when she came to visit last month. I distressed each of the chipboard pieces with antique linen and some paint. The birdcages are hung by strings of pearls.

For the denim, I added a strip of denim on the side. It was leftover denim from the one and only bag I sewed in my life, hehe. I hope to take more sewing classes though. I also added two denim rosettes that I also made with the scraps. The lace is my most fave Melissa Frances lace. I added a bunch of paper and fabric roses and Prima pearl flourishes. I added some stickpins that I made. I love that teardrop shape. The sentiment was from a K&Company embossed sticker that I fussy-cut; Crackle Accents was added to the flowers. I also added accents of burlap twine and some dimensional K&Company butterflies.

I also alcohol inked the clip of the clipboard with copper.

Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a lovely weekend!
*hugs* and Much aloha~!
Steph :)

20 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so beautiful Steph, love the shabby style with lots of layering, gorgeous!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wowzers, how fun this is! Love it! The birdcages, the flowers, the denim.....it's all fabulous, girl!

Linda R. said...

WOW.. This is so beautiful.. So many wonderful layers to look at..
So glad to here everything is OK with you..

Hugs, Linda

Julie said...

Just adore those bird cages. Thanks for playing with us at shabby.

Jolanda said...

amazing!!!

Stella said...

You sure know how to amaze me :) Love this; these flowers are fab and that birdcage is such a sweet and beautiful element. Gorgeous!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend; did you finish your laundry yet? :)
Hugs,
Stella

Ira said...

My oh my, she did it again, our Steph! Your clipboard looks smashing!! Superbly done! Hugs, Ira

Ros said...

Oh Steph this is stunning!! Love all the birds and flowers ...

Lean said...

Cool work great take on the challenge...love your jeans flowers .
byeeeeeeee,Lean

Vibeke said...

This is so beautiful!!
Love it:)

Thanks for playing with us:)

Pastila said...

Gorgeous project! Love a lot of different bird cage :)
Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!!!

Tosk said...

STUNNING!!!

Mabaco said...

just beautiful!!!
love it!
thanks for playing with us at shabby!
hugs from france!

jacirascrap said...

realmente muito muito beatiful!

LVF said...

this is wonderful

Gayle said...

Wow ! So many beautiful things to look at here. You have done a great job with this clip-board. Love all the pearls and denim flowers. Thanks for playing at Lets Get Shabby.

Angela Weimer said...

Beautiful project. So many great details. thanks for sharing. Agnela

jazsutra said...

So very BBBBBBBBBeautiful Steph! How could i have missed this!

love
jaz

mandysea said...

This is lovely! Gorgeous birdcage and love the pearls and the denim flower!! Thanks for playing with shabby!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Wow , this is sooo beautiful! Love the cage and all the lovely embellishments you have used! Tfs!