Wednesday, March 9, 2011

~* Easter Greetings *~


Hi Everyone!

What an exhausting week! On Tuesday, I thought it was Thursday, haha...so much going on, but in between the madness I have been crafting...just haven't been able to post. Here's a card I made for The Kraft Journal's Make It Monday Challenge #9 Spring Fling. I started off with some kraft cardstock and I also used pieces of Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime collection papers and the image is from the Tim Holtz Seasonal Stack. I distressed all the edges with Antique White acrylic paint. The pretty lace trim is from Kaisercraft as well as the two layered paper flowers under the baby Prima rose. I tied bows with burlap twine through the three buttons.

Here's a card I made right after I made this one. I don't usually make similar cards, but I wanted to send one off to someone. I fanned a bit of lace and added some burlap twine that I made loopy (inspired by Miss Vio).


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a lovely Thursday! Soon it will be Aloha Friday again :)!
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

10 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cute and pretty Steph, love that vintage easter image, and of course I love this one with the bird image too, even it is the 2nd version of one you made earlier, it is still sweet and pretty to me!

Jolanda said...

wow,how very very pretty!!
amazing card!

Stella said...

They both turned out gorgeous. The colors are perfect and I love the muted colors for the Easter card. Love the distressed edges too. Your secodn card turned out elegant; you can never go wrong with pink:) Love the bird stamp!
Have a wonderful day! It's almost weekend :)
Hugs,
Stella

Ros said...

These are fabulous cards ... love the images Steph ...

Lean said...

Beautiful cards you made both are.
byebye,lean

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooh! totally diggin' the vintage victorian vibe here, as done so lusciously by your good self! i love both but the bird one...or i spose the bird ONES (i've just seen the other card below) are ♥ASTONISHING♥ and i mean heck, i think i would just want to KEEP MAKING those because they are so gorgeous!!! :)

Linda R. said...

These are just gorgeous. Both of them..

Ira said...

Goodness, both are stunners Steph! That butterfly paper on your Easter card is so pretty!! And your second card is a real treasure! Love, love it! You could do a whole series of these cards, they would never bore me, that's for sure! TFS, Hugs, Ira

Audrey Pettit said...

Fantastic cards, Steph! Love, love your sweet Easter card! Love the vintage image paired with the pretty papers and the earthy goodness of the kraft cardstock. Love the lace and the layered flower and the painted edges. So shabby lovely!
And sweet second take on your other fabulous card, too.
Thanks for playing along with us at the Kraft Journal, my friend! I'm so tickled that you're playing. :)

Tracy said...

So pretty Steph! I love the little chickies on the Easter card and those fun buttons with the twine. The second card is just lovely with the way you created the flower spray. Thanks for entering your card in TKJ challenge this week!