Saturday, March 5, 2011

~* I treasure our friendship *~




Happy Weekend, Everyone!

Hope you're having a wonderful and relaxing weekend!! Mine has been great so far :)!

Here's a card I made with my new Hero Arts stamp, Musical Collage. It's quite a LARGE stamp and covers more than 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"! I stamped it with Memento ink then I "painted" with my Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I love using those inks...it's so relaxing. I added some copper stains to the top and bottom of the card and around the edges. I added a bouquet of roses with one of my handmade stickpins and a piece of lace that I inked up. A Prima flourish sweeps from the bouquet down the left side of the card. At the top I added some twine and layered two buttons. The sentiment is a Flourishes stamp (Seaside Life) which I punched out with a Stampin Up! punch and inked up the edges and also added some copper stain. I had a lot of fun making this card :).

I used Tiff's fabulous sketch for Sketchy Sunday {TG009}. It's a loose interpretation of the sketch, but I liked where it places the bouquet and the sentiment :). I am also entering this card into:


-DYSU Challenge Blog #9 JUST GREEN IT! - use anything with green in it: ribbon, paper, paint,...

Thank you for stopping by! I treasure all of your sweet friendships!
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

24 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Steph! Love the Vintage vibe and the pretty flower embellishments!

Tiff said...

Seriously beautiful! I love your inky interpretation :) I, too, am having a very relaxing weekend! We're talking about sleeping in until 9, eating, then napping until 1...that type of day! Thanks for playing along!

Terry said...

Beautiful inking! I also love Distress Inks!!! This card is breathtaking and I love that stamp! Now to add to my gotta get list! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by today!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card is soooooooo gorgeous!!!!

Tracy said...

WOW! That IS a big stamp! LOL This is really pretty Steph. Love the pretty flowers and the pearl swirlies. The button and twine are a great touch too. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Stella said...

Steph is LOVE the vintage look of this card. Gorgeous take on the sketch and I love the touch of pretty pink roses on top of it. You are fab with distress inks did you know that?
Hugs,
Stella

WencheP said...

This is gorgeous! Absolutely love it! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Sue C said...

Beautiful card Steph, the stamp is absolutely gorgeous ! I love the swirl of gems too. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

Friday said...

Love your cards, Steph. I love how you made this your own. TFS... Hugs...

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Steph, very lovely
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

~amy~ said...

Check out all that inky goodness...

Lean said...

this is beautiful work Steph .
byebye,lean

Ros said...

What a fab stamp ... beautiful card Steph ... love the flowers and the pearls ...

Linda R. said...

Well my friend, Your background looks gorgeous. What am I saying this whole card is gorgeous. It is alot of fun playing with inks..

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Linda

Deb Hickman said...

Stunning card, love the cluster of flowers and pin and that background stamp is amazing,xxxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card Steph, you know how much I adore vintage and bloom, and you got all that in one fabulous card! : )

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cool card, Steph! I love that stamp! What a cool image. Totally adore how you added highlights to the image with the distress inks. And I really like your take on that sketch. The flourish works perfectly as the ribbon ties of the sketch. Such pretty detailing you've added. :)

Jo said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for joining in the fun this week at DYSU! It’s so fun to see so many different takes on our Green challenge!

Ira said...

Steph, I'm taking my hat off to you, this card is a real STUNNER!!! You did an absolutely wonderful job on this card, I'm at a loss for words, the colours and stamping are amazing! totally LOVE it! Hugs, Ira

Lori said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! You did a fabulous job with the distress inks and the embellishments perfectly enhance that fabulous image!

Janna said...

Hi Steph, as the others already said: wonderful piece of art! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at DYSU this week! Janna xx

Amy said...

This is stunning, Steph! You sure work magic with those inks and the pearl flourish with the roses and stick pen...perfection!
Hope your week is going well for you!

Stamping Cafe said...

This is totally stunning, Steph! Love the colors, the flowers and the pearl flourish! Wonderful details, I have that stamp too... I need to give it some inky love! :) Thanks for the inspiration!!

Hope you are having a beautiful week!

Clarky J said...

Brilliant! Thanks for joining in the Stamp Man Challenge