Friday, March 11, 2011

~* Just a Little Hi from HI *~

Hi Everyone!
Wow, what a night! We were on a Tsunami Warning from Thursday night to Friday morning. Sirens were blaring. I was unable to sleep because of the sirens and also because I was listening to the scary updates on the radio and trying to prepare for the worse. My heart goes out to all those in Japan. The photos and videos are so devastating. I hope that the aftershocks and tsunamis stop so they can start their recovery process. My thoughts are definitely with them.
Thank you to those who contacted me asking how I am. I am fine. We were very blessed to not be affected much, mostly harbors were affected and boats were damaged. Just a little exhausted...but I am thankful.
Please take care and be safe.
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

9 comments:

NickelNook said...

Oh, Steph! Thanks so much for the update! I'm so happy to hear you're okay! That's another prayer answered! Hope you sleep better tonight!...Nancy :o)

Amy said...

I'm so glad that Hawaii and you are fine! Watching all the video from Japan is just unbelievable!
Hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight and have a good weekend Steph!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I was thinking about you when I heard the news at night, you are the only one i know living in Hawaii, glad to know that you are well, I do have 4 friends in Japan though, really worry about them.

Ira said...

I was thinking of you all the time when we heard about the tsunami watch yesterday, so glad you're ok, even though you didn't get much sleep... Such devastating news from Japan... Have a good and safe weekend, hugs, Ira

Ros said...

I am so happy that you are ok .., I was thinking about you all evening ... stay safe my friend ...xxx

Lean said...

yes i was thinking of you so happy to hear that you are ok....take care.
hugs,Lean

Friday said...

Whew, hawaii has dodge another. I'm so glad you are ok. the big island and maui got the worst. My sister is ok too. She lives at village park so she is pretty high up so no danger tod here. TFS... Hugs, Friday

Stella said...

Steph it's good to read that you are ok. It must have been a very stressful day for you..... We saw the images and impressions on the news this evening...what a nightmare... Sleep well and take care.....
Hugs,
Stella

Audrey Pettit said...

Thank goodness you all are okay! What a horrible and scary thing to go through. My heart just goes out to everyone affected.