Saturday, March 12, 2011

~* Let the Spirit of LOVE... (2nd Post) *~


Hi again!

I super inspired to create this card today after making my altered clipboard...only had one appointment with my washing machine so far today (miss Stella, I need more cleaning mojo :))...


Was inspired by jingle belles JB11 Leslie's "Cool Yule" Palette: Kraft, White, and Pale Blue. I think my blue is a tad bit off being a tealish blue. I used a kraft cardstock base and cut out the pretty shape with my Nestabilities. Stamped a Flourish sentiment stamp in the center. Added a little Stickles in frosted lace around the circle. Wove some burlap twine in the "eyelet" holes and tied a bow. Added a bunch of buttons on every other hole and also a cool button at the bottom with a shimmery star and a wood button.



I was also inspired by the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge #38. My sentiment is center on the circle shape and I used a bunch of buttons.

I am also entering this card into the CARDS Challenge at CREATE": Blog, which is to create a card with at least 10 buttons and into Flourishes the CUT ABOVE THE REST challenge FLLCMAR11 (use a die cut, a border punch, a corner punch or any type of decorative border.

Thanks for stopping by!
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

26 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

I love the alternating buttons and the woven twine. VERY nice touches. And ... is that a little hint of glitter? Niiiice. :)

Thanks for playing!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is pretty and cute all in one!

Julia Aston said...

Love the woven twine and pretty buttons! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh, miss steph! how totally clever to use that wonderfully punched circle shape as a ♥WREATH♥!!! totally brilliant, and i love*LOVE*love the twine you have woven through it! i think you've chosen an excellent shade of blue, btw! (secretly...mine was not EXACTLY the shade of the palette...but i think this is where "artistic license" comes into its own, eh?!) ;)

Audrey Pettit said...

How very sweet this is! Love that color combo and love the large scalloped circle with the pretty sentiment. Such a fun use of buttons, too, and I love the woven hemp. :)
Hope you're having a great weekend so far!

Linda R. said...

What an adorable idea. All those buttons look so cute..

Dawn B. said...

This is wonderful. I love the way you added your buttons and fiber. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes.

Linda B said...

Steph... that is really cute. I love the buttons. I have jars and jars full and them and can never think of what to do with them.

SmilynStef said...

What a fun way to use that die cut ... and very clever sketch design ... thanks so much for joining our jingle belles fun.

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

I love this...fantastic color combination and your use of buttons to frame your sentiment. Very clever!

Stella said...

You made me laugh out loud. I did all the laundry and now some ironing.....
Oops off track; on to your card! This is such a brilliant idea to pretty up a handmade diecut. I love the additions of the buttons!
Hugs,
Stella

Ira said...

Hope you didn't get into a fight with your washing machine :-) Great card, lovely sentiment, nice buttons! Hugs, Ira

Pauline said...

This is fab, I like how you used the buttons to create the sketch, it's great!

Ros said...

Simple elegance ... and all those challenges too ... you are so clever

Lean said...

this is a cool idea with the buttons and a sweet sentiment lovely card Steph.
byebye,lean

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Cute idea with the buttons, nicely done. Thanks for playing in Flourishes A cut above the rest challenge.

Debgem said...

Just lovely!!! The buttons and twine, and verse - all fab!

paula said...

This is such a lovely card. It must have been a lot of fun finding all those yummy buttons.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Sweet card Steph! Love how you strung the buttons! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :)

ChristineCreations said...

Such sweet buttons! Love how you've put them around the die!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, I sure like the way you threaded the eyelets and added the buttons! Love the sketch that inspired you, too. Thanks for joining us at Flourishes!

Deb Hickman said...

Love your threaded buttons and such a lovely sentiment.xxx

Cindy Lawrence said...

How sweet! Love the die cut and all your fab buttons! Thanks for playing along with Flourishes this week!

Rose said...

oh i love all the buttons and the twine :)

Sue said...

What a great idea to add buttons to your "doily" - so cute! Love your card...

Alice Wertz said...

love all the buttons! wonderful take on the challenges, too! lovely card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!