Saturday, March 12, 2011

~* Vintage Hawaii Card with Pocket and Tag (3rd Post) *~



hehe, it's me again...

I think I know why I have so much crafting mojo...It's because I don't want to do my chores and paperwork, tee hee. A small break...will do them tomorrow ;p'.

Here's a card I made, starting off with a kraft card base. I used the Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper stack. Even the vintage Hawaii image is from there. I distressed the edges with ink. I added a glassine bag that has some strips of Tim Holtz tissue tape on it and I also inked it up. I tied burlap twine around the card and added a metal button. I also added two vintage coconut shell buttons. Inside the pocket is a kraft tag with some more Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper and I layered some vintage Hawaii stickers (notice one is almost exactly the same as the one on the Tim Holtz paper? Cool!!! Also added one with the great Duke.) and some bits of tissue tape.

I'm entering this card into:

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely rest of your weekend! Please send me some cleaning and paperwork mojo :)!
*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!
Steph :)

13 comments:

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so fun and fabulous! LOVE that vintage Hawaii feel! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

Stamping Cafe said...

Love your card with the packet tag, Steph! Totally fabulous, love the vintage Hawaii look! Hope you are having a beautiful weekend!

Stella said...

This is gorgeous; I love the vintage look of your card and tag. The image of the guy on his surfboard is fab!
Sending a lot of laundry mojo your way :) I have a bit of ironing to do; not that much. I did most of it yesterday. And I hope to have a bit more time for crafting today :)
Hugs,
Stella

Ira said...

This is so you Steph! It fits you well! Those papers are stunning, they really have that vintage feel, great images of surfer boys, too! Wonderfully done, hugs, Ira

Ros said...

Brilliant!! Love this pocket card .. you are very versatile Steph ... I love that ... never know what is coming next ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Lean said...

this is so cool the tag and the pocket...love it ..
byebye,lean

Leanne said...

Chee hoo!! This card is so cool! Love that vintage paper and the fact that it's Hawaii is even cooler. hahaha.. Great images of Duke. Really cool card.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how fun this is, Steph! Love, love the whole vintage Hawaii vibe! And of course you know I'm digging the kraft cardstock and the vintage buttons.......two things near and dear to my heart. :)
This is really adorable!

Rebekah said...

what an awesome project!

Linda R. said...

WOW.. I just love this.. It is so different. What a perfect pocket creation.. Well done my freind. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Hugs, Linda

Candy C said...

Hi Steph! Love your pocket card! Very cute design and elements you used on it! Well done! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is simply the coolest thing, thanks for sharing your lovely work with us at CCCB!

jamie said...

love that hawaii vintagy guy! very, very cool. fun job with the card. it has so much going for it.
glad i stopped by!
~j