Tuesday, April 26, 2011

~* A Vintage Sewing Tag *~



Hi Sweet Blogging Friends!


I miss you all! I've been so busy lately...hardly any time or energy to craft lately. Been too busy at work. I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone is doing well! Here's a tag I made for Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Buttons!


I loooooove buttons so it's not hard for me to want to incorporate them in everything :). I started off with a manila shipping tag that I distressed with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. I then created the canvas piece by adhering an image from Tim Holtz' Crowded Attic Paper Stash onto some Claudine Helmuth Sticky Back Canvas...I did the technique where you rub off the paper and voila, you're left with the image on canvas. Super fun! I distressed it with Distress Inks as well. I added some lace that I distressed with Vintage Photo. There are several buttons~a real vintage button with the ornate center, a wooden (Paddington Bear coat) button with twine, and a thimble button. I made a denim rolled flower and added a Tim Holtz hanger clip, a Maya Road sewing machine chipboard piece that I inked up, and a tiny spool that I added twine to. Not sure if you can see, I "sewed" the twine around the edge of the tag and the canvas piece is sewed down to the tag with twine. Finished the top with some seam binding.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope I can squeeze in more time to craft and to say hi.

Take care.

*hugs* and Much aloha~

Steph :)

13 comments:

Friday said...

Beautiful tag, Steph. Hope you start crafting more soon. Take care. Hugs, Friday

~amy~ said...

Chock full of goodness...sorry that you've been sooo busy and tired...missing your creativity!

Tracy said...

All those little sewing embellishments are so cute Steph! Don't you just love the sticky back canvas. It's such a cool medium to work with. Fabulous tag my friend! Hugs!

Ira said...

We missed you, too, Steph! Good to see you back with another one of your gorgeous tags! Those vintage embellishments are exquisite! Take care, hugs, Ira

Ros said...

Missed you Steph ... sorry you had to work so much ... I love your tag ... I treasure your card to me with the little sewing machine on ... You did some fabulous techniques here ... Have a lovely evening much aloha

Lean said...

This is cool i love tags to and buttons we can use them all...so beware with your blouse....
byeee,Lean

Lori said...

Your tag is beautiful! Love all the detail, especially the thimble and button...

Linda R. said...

Your Tag is awesome.. I just love all your vintage embellishments..

Hugs, Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun tag, Steph! I love, love the vintage, shabby chic look to this. Great sewing ephemera, too. The spool of thread and the sewing machine are so cute. Love the buttons and the fun flower, also.
Hope things slow down for you soon, my friend!

Stella said...

You have been very busy working ....and I've been missing you! I hope you will have more time for crafting in the upcoming weeks.

And your tag? Pure beauty Steph; I love all hte vintage details!

Take care and I hope to see more of your handmade beauties soon!

Hugs!
Stella

Terry said...

Darling little vintage sewing tag! Hope you will be able to have some time to yourself soon!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH wow, love this vintage beauty!

Tell you something funny and weird, I have been thinking of you so much that I dreamt that I was in Hawaii 2 weeks ago, isn't that funny?

Nancy Wethington said...

This is really beautifully done! Love the antique look you've achieved with the fabric and stitching. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.