Sunday, May 1, 2011

~* Altered Shabby Chic Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Frame *~












Photo Inspiration


Aloha Everyone!


Still busy as a bee ;p'. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend so far! I made this Altered Frame for my Mom for Mother's Day. I did the same technique to create the crackled effect as the Shabby Chic Trinket Box. I fussy cut a bunch of the beautiful images from the Graphic 45 Once Upon A Springtime Collection. I added Diamond Dust to the fairies' wings and the bunnies' coats and tutu. I also added Crackle Accents and Glossy Accents to some of the images to make them more dimensional. Added some burlap twine, a butterfly button, some paper flowers, and a bunch of glass pearls that I randomly placed.


I am entering this project into The Shabby Tea Room's Week #59 - 'Butterfly Wishes.' We were asked to create a card or project based on the inspiration photo and use BUTTERFLIES. I was inspired by the "Springtime" feel and of course, the beautiful butterflies. The fairies in the collection actually make me think fo butterflies...


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a lovely lovely week!

*hugs* and Much aloha to you,

Steph :)

11 comments:

Debbie said...

So shabby and pretty ... lovely embellies!! Thanks for sharing this frame with us in the Tea Room :)

jacirascrap said...

Quantas e quantas pérolas!! E de várias cores! São lindas!!!

Tracy said...

Guess I'm going to have to break down and buy some of this paper. You keep showing me how beautiful it is. Love LOVE all that crackle. Lovely project Steph!

Ros said...

Aloha! ... beautiful frame ... so much detail to look at ... you Mom will love it ... Have a lovely week Steph xxx

~amy~ said...

sooooo gorgeous...must have taken a huge amount of time to create...but so very worth it!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful Steph, love that G45 collection and I so envy the crackled paint effect you have there!

Ira said...

Oh your picture frame is stunning Steph! Just love the craquelure!! Hugs, Ira

Lean said...

You mom will love this its a beautiful frame with lovely colors and details.
byebye,Lean

Juls said...

Hi Steph,

I am still playing catchup in blog land, I have enjoyed having a really good nosey round your blog at all that I have missed loved looking at all your works of art!! you are so talented thank you for the inspiration.

I love the Elegance of the gorgeous silhoutte card!! and wow your bella mini album is just amazing!! every detail is just gorgeous!! Love it all

This frame is also just too amasing for words!!

Hugs Juls

Linda R. said...

Such a beautiful frame.. I Just love all that layering my friend.. Hope you are enjoying your day!!

Hugs, Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

My gosh, how cute, Steph! I just love that Graphic45 line. You have used it brilliantly here. LOVE the touches of glitter you added. SO sweet!