Saturday, July 9, 2011

~* Mimi at the Cafe *~



Happy Saturday!


Was super inspired to create this card for the Penny Black challenge using Circles. I used my new stamp set called Mimi in Paris. Isn't she a cutie :)? Love the French culture~wish I remembered my French ;p'.


I created this circle card with my Nesties. The blue circle was colored using Distress Ink and I added Stickles in Frosted Lace to tone it down a little. I then edged the next circle with Distress Ink and added the pretty pink trim. The last circle, I inked up with two different Distress Inks and then popped up the image that I colored with my Copics on it. The little sign is also from the set. I added a little pink polka dot bow to Mimi's hat and some tiny Primas that I added Gold Stickles to. I also edge the circle with Gold Stickles. Last, I added a little butterfly that I cut from a trim.


I had a lot of fun playing this morning! Hope I squeeze in some more time to play this weekend! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by!


*hugs* and Much aloha to you~!

Steph :)

10 comments:

Friday said...

Super cute card, Steph. I wish I took french... hehe... I adore paris as you. I would go again if I could. TFS... Hugs,

Terry said...

Very cute! Love the touch of gold! Hope you can play also!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is sooooo cute, good to see your lovely creation again!!!

Amy said...

This is so sweet Steph! I love the bow on her kicky beret and the butterfly is so cute on here! Glad you had some time to create! :)

Stella said...

I'll give it a try to write in French; my favorite subject at school ( 28 years ago:)!!)

Votre creation est trés trés beau.
Cette fille est belle et une tasse de café est une delicatesse :)

Translated:
Your creation is very very beautiful. The girl is a pretty and a cup of coffee is a delicacy.

Well I did the best I could but in case you were wondering; I love the shape of the card and the ruffle around the circle. Gorgeous Steph; it;s to see you back. I missed you!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Stella

Lean said...

Beautiful abd sweet card you made love the stamp and ribbon.
byebye,Lean

Ira said...

Enchantée, Mimi!! She's such a pretty French girl Steph, I bet she's fun to have coffee with! Hugs, Ira

Ros said...

So lovely Steph ... my grandparents were french and my Mum went to a french school ... (she hated it) hence we never spoke french at home!

Juls said...

such a cute card! Hugs Juls

~Tammy~ said...

Aloha to you! I miss saying that...this is another fabulous creation by talented YOU!